Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
new.gif
1412 - Sabre Wulf EURO 64Mbit (Rising Sun)

1412.png
1412-2.png

Language: English, French, German
Save Type: EEPROM_V124[/p]

L

Light

looks like rayman...and looks like 1413..maybe same games with different names? u guys got any more info?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
It's a platformer. A very anticipated platformer. I know a lot of people will be happy to have this release. I've never played Sabre Wulf before so i'll give it a try, afterall it's made by Rare, it has to be good
smile.gif

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a remake of a game called " saber wolf" ( funny that) that was on the Commodore 64 (might be on systems, it's just this is what I played it on) , made by a company called Ultimate...

It's one only old people are gonna remember...

Edit: you beat me to the punch GBAer...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think it's a remake i think it's a sequal to the original. Because the game starts off talking about how the main character helped this village in the past and imprisoned a 'wulf' in a statue which i'm assuming took place in the original.
So far it's quite a fun game, you have to run to the end of the stage grab the 'treasure' then run all the way back to the start again while the wulf chases you.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
this should be a nice release,the original was made first for the zx spectrum by ULTIMATE - Play The Game who went on to become rare
smile.gif

they released loads more excellent games on the spectrum and maybe if this sells well they will do a atic atac remake or possibly a pak of classics (djgarf is dreaming)

*edit* is this game 3d or 2d cus ultimate were one of the first if not the first to do 3d isometric games on the spectrum and it would be pretty sad if they couldnt get 3d from a gba yet they got it from a 48k zx spectrum

shingyau

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"Ultimate Play The Game" were what Rare were called before they became Rare. Sabre Wulf is a retro classic and this game has been long awaited by many...

Edit: By Sabre Wulf i meant the original and not this new game.

Edit:

DJgarf, Isometric isn't 3D - it's just 2D drawn at an angle to look 3D! But this game uses a top down perspective for an overworld and the action stages are in 2D. Nice Dogtanian avatar btw.

Akoji

+5 internets to psyfira for avatar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i dont know if any body remeber the game killer instinct ... SaberWulf is a charather that you can play ... like a lot of charather in the game are not original to the series... they are Cameos

Jokeman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a platformer. A very anticipated platformer. I know a lot of people will be happy to have this release.
You bet! I've been expecting this game for months!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(djgarf @ Mar 11 2004, 10:44 AM)This should be a nice release,the original was made first for the zx spectrum by ULTIMATE - Play The Game who went on to become rare

And it was a great game in his time!
smile.gif

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mmm i don't know... i played it a little... i don't find it a lot of funny... i think is about the same level of shining soul ii as release...

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
And you thought the GBA won't be getting them new releases, eh? Does anybody else notice that that recent ROMS are European ones? Are they finally getting more new games for once?
biggrin.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
OH this game is FINALLY out.. I do hope this game is freakin good.. cause it's been in development for a freeeakin looong time!

QUOTE said:
It's a remake of a game called " saber wolf" ( funny that) that was on the Commodore 64 (might be on systems, it's just this is what I played it on) , made by a company called Ultimate...

It's one only old people are gonna remember...

Edit: you beat me to the punch GBAer...

I always thought it was developed by RARE.. hmph.. guess I was wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning