Homebrew 11.5 secondary entrypoint?

KoalaBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, im kinda new to homebrew, even though i own a 3ds since launch date. With the launch of RPGhax, i installed homebrew since the process was ao easy xD but here's the thing: most apps will freeze at a yellow screen at startup, the only ones i managed to get running was ctrQuake (thank god xD), blargSnes, and the app that removes the 10 coin per day limit. I was told that this happens because rpghax is very unstable, so i would like to know if there are any secondary entrypoints that works on O3DS 11.5? Or am i stuck with rpghax? I need something stable so that i can run things like Themely or Koopa Cruiser. I actually plan on installing CFW if anything pops up for 11.5

Also sorry for any mistakes, english is not my native language

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
wait, wouldnt NTRBoot let him Do a B9S/Luma setup on 11.5? provided he can find Preflashed cards or an r4i 3ds gold and just use the "solo 3DS" Flasher .nds for it?
Yes. He wouldn't need a pre-flashed card, just an R4i Gold running the latest firmware since that's the only one that can run on 11.5.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. He wouldn't need a pre-flashed card, just an R4i Gold running the latest firmware since that's the only one that can run on 11.5.
"Preflashed" (as in if he ended up seeking out an ak2i) but yea figured that should work forthe OP.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
any word yet why the r4i cant after being flashed and why the ak2i can?
This is just speculation, but I'm guessing, since Normatt was one of the original AK2i firmware developers, he had all the knowledge and resources necessary to make this possible. Though it could very well be the hardware of the cart itself. I'm not entirely sure though.

KoalaBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You see, thats the thing with ntrboot, you need a specific r4 to do it. Mine version isnt compatible, and at the moment i cant buy one that is compatible :/

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
any word yet why the r4i cant after being flashed and why the ak2i can?
I'm not 100% on this but I believe what they mean is that when you flash ntrboot on an ak2i it still retains it's flashcard functionality.

While on the r4 it replaces the flashcard firmware.To use the flashcard again you have to flash the flashcard firmware back onto it

Why? Maybe just because they took time and effort to patch around the flashcard firmware on the ak2i and not the r4. Maybe they had more room on the ak2i flash memory. Maybe they didn't haven't worked out how to do that with the way the r4 works.

Reactions: KoalaBoy

KoalaBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i've tried to to get painthax working on my 3ds, since i already had the title (pixel paint) bought in eshop. And guess what? To my surprise, it worked (sucessfuly loaded HBL), but it still doesn't load most of the apps (in fact, it behaves exactly like RPGhax). So what exactly is going wrong here? Am i doing something wrong?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So, i've tried to to get painthax working on my 3ds, since i already had the title (pixel paint) bought in eshop. And guess what? To my surprise, it worked (sucessfuly loaded HBL), but it still doesn't load most of the apps (in fact, it behaves exactly like RPGhax). So what exactly is going wrong here? Am i doing something wrong?
The 11.5 O3DS payloads are highly unstable. There's nothing you can do about it.

KoalaBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The 11.5 O3DS payloads are highly unstable. There's nothing you can do about it.
So the problem isn't the hax/entrypoint, but the payloads? Then what's the point in recommending a secondary entrypoint instead of RPGhax? I'm confused :wink:

KoalaBoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Because RpwnG has problems of its own, and is also now patched.
I see. What im saying is: if rpghax is unstable, and, because of said instability does not open most of homebrew apps, shouldn't painthax fix those issues? Since its a "stable" entrypoint?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: im new