11.4 homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by newyorkampharos, Jul 18, 2017.

1. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    this is just a really quick thread to make sure, but updating my 3dsxl + 3ds (both old) from 11.2 to 11.4 will be ok with CFW and luma installed, right? I have the home screen shortcuts along with fbi, and the luma on both is the legacy version (no rosalina) updating with this won't break my 3ds, correct?

2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Yes, you will be fine, btw newest version is 11.5

newyorkampharos likes this.
  3. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Alright, thank you so much! Just wanted to make sure in case i ruined my homebrew lol. I'm overly worried about my y randomizer that i got a completely random shiny froakie (the actual starter !!) in haha

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    A cfw 3ds is just a regular 3ds with some added patching. There is nothing you can do on a regular 3ds that you cannot do on a cfw 3ds.

newyorkampharos likes this.
  5. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    After updating, I can't open the homebrew launcher anymore. Most of the time, it says that there is no internet connection even though there is, and once, it was able to connect to the internet but had a problem with one of the other programs (cant remember which). Is there a way to fix this now besides waiting for new updates to the program?