Hacking 11.3, System Transfers, and Hacks?

Kix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, Pikachu is hacked fresh out of the box, red (that contains all my stuff) is hacked. I'm now going to attept the transfer while updating to 11.3

some users report problems with "bigass" sd cards so i advise you to use the smaller sd card to install a9lh then copy it from the smaller sd to the "bigass" sd
I've done it twice on 64gb on the red one earlier and the pikachu just now. Maybe I was exagerating a bit, but it is bigger than standard I guess.

Kix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kk6l3M4.jpg

Phew, glad that's over. Thanks, everyone, for your help.

I was surprised to find that all of the hacks worked right away on the target system (Pikachu) after swapping the SD card after the transfer. No need for injectables, cia files, or reinstalling anything. As for the Red one, I merely had to do the FBI injectable part to install the the cia (I didn't bother downloading the 11.3 soundhax), so it didn't take long.

One last question for you guys though. Since both of these systems now have each others previous SD cards relatively unaltered from the end of the guide, what should I do to back them up? Do I go to Hourglass9 and do a SysNAND backup again? Copy the entire card to external storage? All of the above?

Again, thanks for everything.

Last edited by Kix,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything you legally own (your nnid and games tied to it . . . also your saves)
pirated content and any homebrew (installed as a cia)
you need a second sd card for the transfer (you can switch back when done)
now for saves from freeshop games ( I assume these count as pirated ) do they transfer. should I back up all my cia saves?

does the second card have to be 64gb like the first

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now for saves from freeshop games ( I assume these count as pirated ) do they transfer. should I back up all my cia saves?

does the second card have to be 64gb like the first
you can manually backup your saves but it should not be needed (including freeeshop saves) and i would back up the saves anyway (. . . there are a few good save editors out there depending on the game in question)
and the second sd needs to be as big as the used portion of the first sd . . . you can always uninstall a few big games from the first sd if needed to reduce the size

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: aenoch

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can manually backup your saves but it should not be needed (including freeeshop saves) and i would back up the saves anyway (. . . there are a few good save editors out there depending on the game in question)
and the second sd needs to be as big as the used portion of the first sd . . . you can always uninstall a few big games from the first sd if needed to reduce the size
But the size only counts for legit paid for games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: