11.2 DSi Downgrade-Reuse DSi Game

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by vasalpa, Dec 21, 2016.

1. vasalpa
    OP

vasalpa GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2009
    Hello, I just did a downgrade to a N3DS which was on 11.2, using an O3DS with CFW. Everything went great, I didn't need the NNID on the O3DS so I deleted it without formatting (I used a method which requires GodMode9 and it is listed on 3ds.guide), and the DSi game that I used was still there (could launch it perfectly fine). However when I launched eshop for the first time it got deleted as eshop restarted purchased apps. My question is this. What if I restore my NAND backup on the O3DS again and have the DSi game but I do not enter eshop, will that keep my game so I can system transfer to be able to downgrade another 3DS in the future (so that I don't have to buy the game all over again)? The game is also on the N3DS (it is recognized as legends of exidia). I don't need the method of transfering the NNID back, I just want to know if it would work to have the DSi game on both consoles. Thanks in advance...

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    System transfers only transfer what the Nintendo servers have on record that you own. So the game won't be transferred. It's the same as if you pirated it.

vasalpa likes this.
  3. vasalpa
    OP

vasalpa GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2009
    Oh I see now why it has to be bought then... Will the N3DS (the one that has the NNID) be able to transfer to another which I want to downgrade (a New 3DS since only that is compatible) without making any changes to the game? Because now it is recognized as Legends of exidia and run the injected save perfectly (and potentially dgtools). Would I just need to system transfer and I can skip all the parts about the save injection?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Check the save still works in which case yes

vasalpa likes this.