11.0 New 3DS EShop Access

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Emeraldman94, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Hi everyone,

I have a 11.0 New 3DS XL USA. I want to downgrade to 9.2 using the DSIware technique. Luckily I have the Zelda 4 Swords Anniversary Edition I think in my Eshop download history that I got for free a few years ago.

I want to access the Eshop and download this to my 3ds, but I am not on the current firmware. I am trying to look for a way to bypass this and havent had much luck with my setup.

I have menuHAX installed and only own SteelDiver retail cartridge.

On MenuHAX I cannot access Ctrpwn since I cannot return back to the 3DS main menu. Hans just shows a yellow screen every time I try to load the Eshop. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    reserved

3. theedge

theedge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2010
    Canada
    Canada

You wont be able to use ctrpwn if menuhax is installed

4. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    So uninstall MenuHAX and use browserHAX?

5. theedge

theedge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Last edited by theedge, Dec 24, 2016
  6. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Ok So I did this and was successfully able to bypass the browser Nag. I uninstalled MENUHAX already. But now I cannot access browserHAX. I just get a hang on a gray screen. Im wondering if its an issue with the proxy or something. Again Im on 11.0.0-33 . I have tried over and over and over with absolutely no luck. Any ideas?

7. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
  8. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
  9. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Doubt it, a proxy would have blocked the whole site

10. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Does the gray mean anything? Like a certian file is not there? or something?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I even tried a different wifi. It hangs on the gray screen. The top screen is moving with a loading sqaure. Then after like 30 seconds it says. An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use and then restart the system. Of course I do this. And it doesnt work.

11. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Have you tried clearing browser history cookies and the config save through browser settings?

12. MuratTemp

MuratTemp GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Are you even using the right BrowserHax File? Check everything again,otherwise you're pretty much fucked up.
    Try to download the starter.zip and replace it with the old one. Good Luck

13. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    I have completed deleted the cache and reset save data. That did nothing. What do you mean using the right browserHAX file. My SD card is empty and then I put the starter files on SD Card root.

14. mikey420

mikey420 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    United States
    Hmmm strange.... What's your connection setup? Are you using some kind of proxy to connect? If so the proxy is likely the problem

15. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
  16. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    The 3ds.guide says that on 10.7 and 11.0 you need to download the ropbin matching to your version and change it's name to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin .. Did you do that? It also says you need to block a website or an IP address and all TCP/UCP connections from it. Wouldn't doing this block the update nag? Idk what that tutorial is but the 3ds.guide does not speak anything about that.

17. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    THANK YOU!!! I didnt even know I needed that file. UGH

18. Jackson Ferrell

Jackson Ferrell Naked Banana

Nov 28, 2015
    Australia
    I guess you'll just have to "let it go" ;)

19. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    So it works now :P?

Looking at it now though, it is pretty confusing. Just by going to the browserhax page it literally says the only thing you need is the starter-kit. Doesn't say shit about the ropbin. So how's a newbie supposed to know that? I wouldn't have if not for 3ds.guide ..which incidentally, is THE guide you should be following if you're going to do the DSiWare exploit @Emeraldman94

20. Emeraldman94
    OP

Emeraldman94 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 22, 2008
    United States
    Yea well I started with that guide, but It said you already had to have it installed. Which I didnt. I needed to install it still. So I tried to deviate. Anyways. I just installed Zelda 4 Swords now. and I am waiting FOREVER for waitHAX. Looks like its all gonna work out. Thanks again.