[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$100 PS3 Price Drop Starts July 12
Cheapassgamer.net said:
At the very least, the PS3 will be $100 cheaper at Circuit City from 7/15 to 7/21 (according to their Sunday Ad), but this is a pretty good indication that there will be a price drop (announced at E3) at retailers across the USA. Stay tuned to CAG, especially Speedy1961's Sunday Ad thread) to see if other retailers follow suit. Is the PS3 now a good deal at $500 with 5 free Blu-ray movies? A big thanks to Speedy1961 for the scoop!

UPDATE: GameDaily says they have confirmed the price drop will be retail-wide starting 7/12, after speaking with a "merchandising manager (who wished to remain anonymous) at one of the world's biggest retailers".

Source

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uh... w00t?

This is a good thing, but I don't foresee (not that I can foresee anything) a higher demand anytime soon. Maybe when the few games people actually want to buy comes around, and homebrew...

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is not going to happen as it might not even happen a year and a half later, because sony will lose either way you look at it. They were stupid to insult people by saying everyone would buy the system with no games available, so why are they so scared now to goto such lengths like dropping the price when it hasn't even been out a year lol.

Kanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it's not just me that thinks buying PS3 on the day it came out or even today is pointless, because you're just spending money on something you can't use? My friend showed me a list of games on IGN.com that are coming out soon and I didn't see one decent release.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, still too expensive.
smile.gif

M

mario5555

biggrin.gif
^^
rolleyes.gif

While you guys are STILL complaining about price (and supposed) lack of good games, I'll be playing Ratchet and Clank, Drake's Fortune, The Darkness, and MGS 4, Folklore, and FFXIII while you're still all complaining over $500...

Man I swear, if it was like the 3DO or even the Saturn (in it's early life cycle) I could see all the animousity towards it. It's a nice system, the updates they've done to it, have made it an extremely fuctional piece of hardware, and with all the cool things coming out in the fall and beyond, I'll be suprised how many of you (sheep) still jump on the anti-PS3 bandwagon just because it's cool to slam Sony over a stupid price point (which IMEO, was a fair price for what you got)

Whatever you're call, complain all you want it's your loss.
tongue.gif
cool.gif

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
 ^^Â
rolleyes.gif

While you guys are STILL complaining about price (and supposed) lack of good games, I'll be playing Ratchet and Clank, Drake's Fortune, The Darkness, and MGS 4, Folklore, and FFXIII while you're still all complaining over $500...

Man I swear, if it was like the 3DO or even the Saturn (in it's early life cycle) I could see all the animousity towards it. It's a nice system, the updates they've done to it, have made it an extremely fuctional piece of hardware, and with all the cool things coming out in the fall and beyond, I'll be suprised how many of you (sheep) still jump on the anti-PS3 bandwagon just because it's cool to slam Sony over a stupid price point (which IMEO, was a fair price for what you got)

Whatever you're call, complain all you want it's your loss.Â
tongue.gif
Â
cool.gif

Can I borrow your time machine to get those titles which aren't out yet?

Kanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The pro-PS3 wagon is way bigger. So many people around are talking about it and buying it just because it's "an extremely fuctional piece of hardware". It's like me buying a aquarium with no water to fill it up with.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
biggrin.gif
 ^^Â
rolleyes.gif

Man I swear, if it was like the 3DO or even the Saturn (in it's early life cycle) I could see all the animousity towards it. It's a nice system, the updates they've done to it, have made it an extremely fuctional piece of hardware, and with all the cool things coming out in the fall and beyond, I'll be suprised how many of you (sheep) still jump on the anti-PS3 bandwagon just because it's cool to slam Sony over a stupid price point (which IMEO, was a fair price for what you got)

tongue.gif
Â
cool.gif
Yeah I feel so stupid for not buying the PS3 before it's price drop while no good games were even out yet. Man, I'm such a SHEEP! Buying a console for games that are out now, while neglecting the potential and empty promises? What was I thinking? Ok that's it, screw the price drop! I want an EXTREMELY FUNCTIONAL piece of hardware right now! Who's with me!!!!

.....guys? I said who's with m...me? Um...what's this sudden feeling of loneliness?
cry.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, PS3 is CAD$549, Sony Blu-ray player is $599.
Woot PS3's all gaming related features are free!
Minus fifty bucks is expensive? Hmm..

PS3 is not only a game console, it is also an unbeatable quality blu-ray player in its price range. Even if there were absolutely no games out for PS3, it's worth buying just because other bluray players are unbelievably expensive (and is worse than PS3's)

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
biggrin.gif
 ^^Â
rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif
Â
cool.gif

I don't feel like I have lost anything. The price is ridiculous, the games are generally poor and you sum up the community of users that seem to gravitate towards Sony systems. Sony have tried to play gamers for fools and they have rightly failed. They believed that their brand was enough to sell a system at such a ludicrous price, when the price of tech in general has fallen over the last ten years. Thankfully they have failed which is why where I live you could walk in to a shop and buy PS3 on launch day without a problem whilst shops have just this week had stock of Nintendo Wii.

If you like your system, then that is great for you and it's always nice when you have somthing you enjoy, however, to berate others for their choice to NOT buy it is a little facile and childish. Console wars have been boring ever since I chose to buy a SNES not a megadrive!

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's quite funny to hear American's complain at the price of consoles. In the UK from the most popular gaming store.....

Xbox 360 Prem with 2 Free games = $ 562.726
PS3 with 1 Free game = $854.168
Wii with wii sports = $361

Not to mention that PS3 games retail at $100.50, and wii/360 games at $
80.40 and DS games at $60.30. (Though there are the lesser DS games that aren't full games such as brain training that retail at $40)

American's have it cheap cheap cheap. Especially considering the pal PS3 lacks the emotion chip and all.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too little, too late.

Sony should be a case study for business students of what not to do. UMD, Minidisc, Rootkits.. they deserve this.
You forgot Beetamax and that stupid digital format they made you use with their players.

Can't say I would pay that much, nearly all the games that I like on it are on 360 and I have one of those and I also won't need to pay £45-£50 for each game either, I'll pirate
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1