10.5 update - Did it remove legit CIAs?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Rickmofujohn, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Rickmofujohn
    OP

Rickmofujohn Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Reading the documentation regarding the update, it constantly mentions unauthorized modifications and the like, and states that further modification will render the system unplayable...?? Anyone know if it removed legit CIAs? Thanks in advance.

2. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    From what I understood, if you installed them while you were still on or bellow 10.3, they'll stay, but you won't be able to install any more legit cia games once you have updated.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    10.4 patched memchunkhax2, so it's no longer possible to install legit CIAs. I wish people would stop making these threads.

4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    Did you even read OP question? They're asking if the new 10.5 update will remove the "legit" cia installed on 10.3 because of reading the update terms; "mentions unauthorized modifications and the like, and states that further modification will render the system unplayable".

Last edited by nero99, Feb 2, 2016
    Supster131 likes this.
  5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Yes, I did, and if you or the OP understood context, that implies modification post upgrade. I was also replying to @NikolaMiljevic. Sorry for not quoting their post, I was in a hurry.