Homebrew 10.5 Question

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah...
If you don't want to downgrade and get CFW, Ironhax has been patched out (requires an update to run on 10.5). Menuhax was updated, but you'll need another entry point like Browserhax.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>mfw people still are arguing about piracy

Downgrading is the most preferable as you'd have access to free games, better homebrews, full speed emulators, cheats, tools, etc.

Or you could just uparade to 10.5. The reason why you SHOULD NOT do this is because 10.4 patched ironhax and afaik you can't install menuhax for a different firmware, only your current one. Also it's a lot more limited than kernel shenanigans. ;p

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and not all people are making stupid prejudices. Not all people who use CFW use it for piracy (but most people do). Getting a CFW and ignoring the ability to install unsigned cia's you can get permanent access to homebrew and dynarec support for emulators and such.
>mfw people still are arguing about piracy

Downgrading is the most preferable as you'd have access to free games, better homebrews, full speed emulators, cheats, tools, etc.

Or you could just uparade to 10.5. The reason why you SHOULD NOT do this is because 10.4 patched ironhax and afaik you can't install menuhax for a different firmware, only your current one. Also it's a lot more limited than kernel shenanigans. ;p
You people are taking this too seriously. It was just a joke. I've pirated games before, just like everyone else on the planet. Of course there are uses for CFW other than piracy. I use it mainly for ROM hacks and Dynarec.

reymas101

Professional GBAtemp Noob
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well to answer your question, menuhax works on 10.5 on O3DS.
Thank you. Just to confirm, i'll need the updated installer right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

About the whole piracy thing...I have three 3ds', a new xl and two old i have one with CFW and one legit old one and i'm too scared to CFW the n3ds

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Just to confirm, i'll need the updated installer right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

About the whole piracy thing...I have three 3ds', a new xl and two old i have one with CFW and one legit old one and i'm too scared to CFW the n3ds
There isn't really any risk now that downgrading is a lot more stable. It is your choice, though. Note that you can't use *hax on 10.5 because your ironhax won't work, browserhax was patched, and the only way to install menuhax to work on 10.5 is to be able to run *hax which you won't be able to do. The best option is to downgrade.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lol, forgot yellows8 updated it. :P
upload_2016-2-21_15-48-42.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users