Insinion

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
A good friend of mine had an accident last week, because of this accident his left arm got paralysed
frown.gif
He probably can't use his left arm anymore for the rest of his life. Well here's the question me and another friend want to give him something since he will be getting surgery numerous times. We thought of giving him a wii since you can play most of the wii sports games with one arm. But are there any more games then wii sports that you can play with just the wiimote?

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really sorry to hear that.

I don't know any games off the top off my head, but you can tell if you look at the back of the box. It will just show the remote and no nunchuck if you can just play with wiimote. You'll have to avoid things that have it held to the side though, like racing games.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excite Truck and Wii Play only use one.

That sucks, but hopefully in 5 or 10 years he will be able to get a fully functioning prostetic arm

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
monkeyball (single player and most minigames is ust off wiimote on its own), mario party 8(some mini games need both hands thoe eg when holding wiimote like nes controller), wii sports

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kororinpa marble Mania is a one-handed game. Probably real good for fine motor skills rehabilitation if his arm isn't completely paralyzed

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What a brilliant idea to give him a console that he can play.
smile.gif
I never even thought about that potential of the Wii.

Excite Truck is not possible with just 1 hand unless your hand is HUGE. You need to hold the wiimote sideways and press most buttons.

I think with Wario Ware, you could get away with playing it one handed.

Elebits might be worth checking because I *THINK* you can move the character with the dpad but I'm not sure.

Most other one handed games are mostly going to be mini-game type games.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i dont have a Wii but saw lots of trailers.
i'm up with WarioWare, Kororinpa.
maybe Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, since i heard you just shoot zombies and it moves automatically (House of the Dead style).

really got hurt about your friend, will pray for him.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
That sucks.
frown.gif

I already had surgeries in my right foot twice. Two different accidents (lucky me...), but I always though that problem with the hands would be worse, 'cause I really enjoy playing videogames. (I really enjoy running too, but at least I completley recovered from the accidents)

audyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My best friend ironically has this exact same problem(tumor in his brain), and also lost use of his left arm about 2 years ago. He's 26, and played basketball in high school where we graduated together. One handed he can whoop my ass in mortal kombat, and tiger woods 07. I own him in madden though, both! In a few hours from now (weds), he goes under the knife again in a houston hospital because of a new growth they found on wednesday last week. Its amazing what life brings us. Hope your friends ok too man, enjoy it while you can.
grog.gif

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
The tennis in Wii Sports is just the Wiimote. I know its obvious, just wanted to mention it anyway.
At least he isn't left handed, right? That would be even worse.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does anyone remember the one handed PS1 controller? I think they tried to market it with Tomb Raider in mind
blink.gif
. There could be something similar for modern consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes that's why yours won't leave me alone