002-0102 permanant or 15 days?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by erikas, Dec 1, 2016.

1. erikas
    OP

erikas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    So call me an idiot for still having hope, but i want to know about this. From what i heard, 002-0102 error has historically been 15 days. Now there are a lot of reasons to believe that it's permanent this time, but can someone confirm this? I think December 1st is 15 days after the first ban was given out. Has anyone checked if this error still happens? P.S. i know about the 2 3ds's method, just want to know if i can avoid buying a new one.

2. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    no one knows,unless they work in nintendo and i doubt someone from nintendo is here.

3. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    No one can really confirm anything until 15-30 days have passed. Personally, I would assume that if any of them were temporary it would be the eShop ban. Common sense says, Nintendo will let you purchase new games to play (offline) before restoring the ability to use online features in game. Of course, that's just my assumption. It would be pretty dumb for the eShop ban to be permanent and the other temporary. I also feel like it would be overkill to permanently ban someone for a first offense of a pirated game anyway. Look at all the .3DS users that get banned for the same thing which in a lot of cases has been a 15 day ban for first offenses. No one can really tell you anything until the time has passed. I'm just guessing here.....

4. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I can understand banning someone from online, but why from the Eshop? You'd think they'd want you to continue to spend more money on the Eshop. Then again, they know you're a pirate, so they assume you buy no games anyway. :P

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Honestly, I am not ok with it being perma banned. But I am perfectly OK with people getting banned for being fucking stupid.

6. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    just accept the ban like man and get over it.

7. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Its 100% confirmed to be a perma ban if that came with a nice 022-2812 together.

8. ImInsane

ImInsane Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    Brazil
    Nintendo is idiot if its perma ban, there's a plenty of people like me who buy games if is worthy.
    But now I will just sell all my games and go to full piracy cause my eshop still banned but I could bypass ban in games.

9. lww

lww Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    Switzerland
    :toot:sending email again to nintendo japan asking them why banned a player with non-hacked console and legit cart

Wish they reply me this time。

ImInsane likes this.
  10. Red_Wolf1

Red_Wolf1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    its a perma-ban.... but theres many ways to unban yourself if your wiilling to do a little file editing

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  11. Bl4ckExe

Bl4ckExe Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2016
    Hungary
    Many ways? You either need and unbanned 3ds or you had to do a system transfer before getting banned. Public seed are not safe at all and just going to get you banned again.

12. shadowfocus603

shadowfocus603 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    This ban wave is probably one of the best things that could have happened to the 3ds scene imho. Morality of pirating software aside, what it comes down to is people were dumb enough (not sorry, no other way to put it) to use online features on a game that came from a leaked dump and then get offended when Nintendo bans their consoles from any and all use of online features. What did they seriously expect would happen? If anything this will be a hard lesson to everyone to think twice before doing something similar down the road. From what I have seen all signs point to these bans being permanent but as stated we won't know until 15-30 days have passed and we see where we stand.

kingaz likes this.
  13. lww

lww Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    Switzerland
    Yes,this ban really remind people NEVER play pirate online before released.

NEVER purchased digital through Eshop because even people using the legit cart before released will got the ban.

And even you would like buy another new console and begging Nintendo give back your account and legit purchased

They will just refuse you.

14. Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato

Kira "Bugs Bunny" Yamato Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2016
    United States
    This is something I've seen said time and time again, but I don't really get it. They're already banned. Best case scenario, they get to play online again and never get banned again. Worst case scenario, they get to play online again but end up banned again. Either way, it seems like a net gain, although come to think of it, I haven't seen anybody get banned for using a public seed? If we have some examples of that, I'd love to know about them because I would find that very interesting.

Unless you're more saying "wait until there's a better unbanning method", then that's a different story.

LysergCooltyp likes this.
  15. Red_Wolf1

Red_Wolf1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    United States
    there is a better way in the works from what been hearing, but the wy hes talking about actually is the best way so far. least amount of effort and its a gain lol

16. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    No, it is not. They're separate things, independent from each other.

Though they're both probably permanent.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You're making me cri evritim :'(

Raylight likes this.
  17. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Of
    course not, those whom got only 0102 was unbanned

18. runetoonxx2

runetoonxx2 GBATemp's Cancer

Jan 15, 2014
    United States
    The GBATemp
    btw mario maker caused no ban :l i went online before release i guess they dont care enough about it

19. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    You are mistaken. I was not unbanned, although I had only one of the codes. I'd like to know your source of information.

Not to mention, both codes are unrelated to each other. One is a game ban, the other is a NNID restriction. You have no proof both bans differ. Nor does anyone else.

Last edited by gnmmarechal, Dec 3, 2016
  20. lww

lww Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    Switzerland
    only a few of guys also repoted that got unbaned with both code.

Although I am not completely believe them,but still there is possibility exists

Raylight likes this.