001 error progress

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ryu00, Oct 25, 2008.

Oct 25, 2008

001 error progress by ryu00 at 9:15 PM (822 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ryu00
    OP

Newcomer ryu00 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    hi guys, don't blast me for asking this, i just dont spend too much time on these forums and don't use the wii all that often. i'm just wondering with the progress in hacking the wii continually improving if the 001 error is still chip dependant (and will remain chip dependant). i dont mind using trucha and the generic patcher, just occasionally i forget and end up wasting a disk. i have the wiinja 2 and not the deluxe and thus cant update its bios and would just like to know if the convenience will ever be able to be by passed or not? thanks in advance

2. mverason

Newcomer mverason Member

United States
    Why not update to a YAOSM? I believe they're quite similar, -both PIC chips- letting it be fairly easy to upgrade.

3. ryu00
    OP

United Kingdom
    i guess thats an option, i've just had no problems with this modchip at all other than the 001 error which although is an inconvenience can be by passed with the generic patch, i was just hoping some progress has/could be possible to make this obsolete without having to pay for a new modchip and installation fee.

4. ryu00
    OP

United Kingdom
    gecko os does this if anybody is interested. just means you have to load every/most games through the hbc and then this app if you dont want to remove the 001 prior to burning, glad this is possible