Hacking 0.3 GAMMA Stopped working any ideas?

Heykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd appreciate any help. Please read

BACKGROUND

US NTSC running 3.2U, loaded Wainkoko's cIOS v7 for GAMMA (Was successful), installed GAMMA channel by Forsaken. All was working fine.
Been playing 1-1 and loader patched titles since GAMMA released.

Was playing COD 5 yesterday for about 5 hours. I then ran Wainkoko's cIOS DVD Dumper v1.2 to make a 1-1 of my Mario Kart. That ran fine and this morning I burned it to test. When I launched GAMMA by holding 1 to get the config screen I noticed it was not showing the background banner or the details at the bottom about GAMMA 0.3 and CIOS249 being installed.

I've tried reinstalling Wainkoko's cIOS v7 for GAMMA and it keeps reporting as successful but I still can't get GAMMA to run again.

Any suggestions? Is there a chance that loaded working channels can be getting corrupted or something?

Thanks in advance.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Do the channels actually show that stuff? I don't use any of the channels from here but a couple I tested with 0.3b didn't have the banner - just the text.

Try running the original gator (.dol) release from the homebrew channel and see if that works.

Heykrop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK Thanks for the input..

Answers to suggestions.

QUOTE said:
Do you have GC memory card plugged-in ? or maybe you SDCard is missing / corrupted ?

No GC and not running it from SD.. Plus my SD is fine.

QUOTE said:
Try running the original gator (.dol) release from the homebrew channel and see if that works.

Just loaded the .dol to my SD and ran it from HBC and it worked fine.

QUOTE said:
Install Wiigator's cIOS.

Not needed. Wainkoko's cIOS v7 is a full version with more patches for GAMMA than Wiigator's

That error only occurs if your using the AutoBoot version.

That seems to be the problem. The channel I was using is an autobooter. It had been working fine and now does not.

I may try another channel or try reinstalling the channel I was using. It just makes it easier than letting my kids have access to the HBC.

Thanks all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr