Hacking In-game Menu loading very slow?

AcIdPort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi everyone! I just got today my CycloDS Evo from RHS and everything is working fine. But I've noticed something weird and I don't know what is it. When I'm playing and press the buttons to load In-Game Menu this one takes between 8 to 10 seconds to load, without RTS or Cheats Activated. Is it normal?

I have CycloDS with firmware 1.41, moonshell 1.71 R3, user.evoCheats from Narin, 4 skins and a Kingston microSDHC 4GB (Taiwan). I've played Castlevania DoS perfect without lag at intro, Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Assasin's Creed and everithing works fine. But in all games In-game Menu ever takes to load that time.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
happy.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it's a problem since it should only take a second to load the In-Game Menu. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone else has ever had this problem so your best bet is to contact Team Cyclops or get an exchange.

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
before team cyclops' forum went down due to whatever reason, i read that they dont handle the returns for defectives anymore and you have to take it to the resellers. rhs has 90 day warranty so id say wait til their forums come back and post for some advice there. it would be a waste of money to ship to rhs and later find that it could be fixed without all that hassle. my cyclods is coming monday. i hope i dont have the same problem. oh and try 1.4 fw. i heard 1.41 has lots of problems.

AcIdPort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, I reformated the microSD card with Panasonic SDFormatter usinng Format Size Adjusment option and Install everything again. I used Diskeeper to analyse the drive and that say me to free more space to improve performance. Then delete some comercial games (from 51 to 45) and I got a total 770 MB free on microSD. I defragmented and now IT WORKS!!! 1 sec now takes to show In-game menu.

Thanks for your answers!
grog.gif

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well its great taht it works but you should never defragment your micro sd card. it will shorten its write cycles and stuff that i really dunno about.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
triple-sevenz said:
well its great taht it works but you should never defragment your micro sd card. it will shorten its write cycles and stuff that i really dunno about.
ROFL. Sorry, that just sounded really funny to me.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes his grammar is horrible but what he speaks is the truth. Defragging your card will shorten it's life-span. But since the TC had a problem with the In-game menu, he had to defragment. Next time, don't overload the card, it needs a little empty space.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
for future reference DO NOT defrag it, just use your OS to reformat it. Back up your files, format (not quick format!) and put them all back on. Also, fat16 performs slightly better, but it's not an option if you're over 2 gigs. If it's 2 gigs or less go fat16/fat!

AcIdPort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you for your advice. I will remember that for the next time so thinking about defrag, maybe this was not to fix the problem. I think it could be the Auto Format Size option on SDFormatter and the free space.

Thank you again!
yaynds.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Actually FAT16 works with up to 4GB not 2, and though highly unlikely a flashcart would support it, there have been cases of using FAT16 even on 8GB drives by making the clusters 128K.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
Actually FAT16 works with up to 4GB not 2, and though highly unlikely a flashcart would support it, there have been cases of using FAT16 even on 8GB drives by making the clusters 128K.
If you format a volume larger than 2GBs as fat16, you'll only be able to access the first 2GBs. Also, some OSs do not make teh distinction between fat16 and fat32 clear. The first OSX for example just calls it FAT, but it means FAT32.

There are amazing tricks like 64-bit clusters to extend a FAT16 volume size, but it wouldn't be usable by a cycloDS or Wii without some serious programming additions on the hardware side. SDHC is easier and probably the better option.

Hate to link to wiki as evidence product but man I'm lazy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat16

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heran Bago said:
Searinox said:
If you format a volume larger than 2GBs as fat16, you'll only be able to access the first 2GBs. Also, some OSs do not make teh distinction between fat16 and fat32 clear. The first OSX for example just calls it FAT, but it means FAT32.

There are amazing tricks like 64-bit clusters to extend a FAT16 volume size, but it wouldn't be usable by a cycloDS or Wii without some serious programming additions on the hardware side. SDHC is easier and probably the better option.

Hate to link to wiki as evidence product but man I'm lazy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat16
... My 4GB uses FAT on my CycloDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM