Hacking Chipless Flashcart

dustyshouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4, and it's great... however, I'm also looking for a good flashcart(up to par, or higher, of R4 in terms of compatibility) that doesn't use a microSD. Mainly I want something simple, no need for anything advanced... as long as it can play roms.

Is there anything like this? And if so, does it come with whatever is needed to connect it to a computer?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inconsistant. It's good if you get a good one, it's not good if you get a crappy one (mainly save problems).

I'd really recommend going with a microSD based cart. You've got a lot more choices, and they tend to be more reliable.

dustyshouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just hoping to find a cart that is suitable for a younger player, and not worry about losing the microSD or something.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dustyshouri said:
I was just hoping to find a cart that is suitable for a younger player, and not worry about losing the microSD or something.
Why not look for a cart that has a side loading micro SD slot such as the EZV? Makes it harder to lose if you don't take the cart out of the DS.
smile.gif

dustyshouri

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... the EZV looks good, side loaded and no spring.
Any recommendations of where to find one legit? I'm looking at DealExtreme right now.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always go with the DS-X
rofl2.gif

I kid, i kid.

Please disregard this post as anything useful. I just felt the need to be a dick. That is all.

(oh man... DS-X... whew...)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DealExtreme.com is legit. They're slow shipping wise, but you'll rarely find a lower price.

If you're getting a new EZ-V make sure you get the EZ-V Plus. Same cart, only it can use SDHC memory cards.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
dustyshouri said:
Ya, going with the EZ-V plus. Thanks for the help everyone.

you may get a package with a EZFlash 3-in-1 expansionen, which allows you to play GBA games, use the DS browser and let your DS rumble.

Afaik the EZ V+ with the 3-in-1 deals are cheaper than buying it seperatly later

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
dustyshouri said:
Ya, going with the EZ-V plus. Thanks for the help everyone.
Dealextreme is legit, i bought two EZ - V from there, one for me, one for a friend.

And since your order will be relatively pricy for dealextreme, they give you a tracking #, so just because of that, it gets to you a bit faster. My usual orders from dealextreme take about 15-16 days to get to me. When i order a larger amount, or something like a flashcart, they give me a tracking # and it takes less time. I just ordered a Ez V Plus from them and it took about 7-8 days to come here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)