fool
OP
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
chishm has released a new build of Tuna-ViDS, with help from Robin Watts (building on work from Sophie Wilson & Paul Gardiner), Costas, and ecurtz (building on work from Thoduv).

Changelog said:
*Stereo MP3 support
*Faster color space conversion
*Allows vertical heights less than 192 rows.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source (Instructions for running and converting videos on page)

P

pasc

SHOCK ! I thought he abadoned it .

Good to see it's still being developed...
smile.gif

If it just would be stable now, and easier accesible. (I wished he would also release a Moonshell Plugin.

L

Lyuse

Heran Bago said:
Too lazy to look at source I'm guessing this is an mp3 player from the OP's list of features.

"Tuna-viDS plays AVI files that contain Xvid encoded video and MP3 encoded audio."

Whiternoise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
i'm curious at 12fps how is this for playing back xvids on the ds? are they enjoyable, does it maintain quality, etc?

cheers
-another world

Assuming it's about the same video quality as moonshell, then 12fps is going to be a bit of a drawback - nay a big drawback. If you imagine that you process images at about 24-27fps, and most games become unplayable below about 15, then 12 isn't quite there.

However, you could just skip every other frame -whilst playing the mp3 at normal speed - which would probably work quite well for cartoons?

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I encoded an episode of Heroes but to keep the widescreen aspect ratio I cut it down to 256 x 144. Since I was throwing away resolution, I thought "maybe I can increase the FPS". I encoded it at 15fps and viola! this new version played it perfectly without falling behind! I'm impressed...

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
sirdashadow said:
Well I encoded an episode of Heroes but to keep the widescreen aspect ratio I cut it down to 256 x 144. Since I was throwing away resolution, I thought "maybe I can increase the FPS". I encoded it at 15fps and viola! this new version played it perfectly without falling behind! I'm impressed...
That is pretty impressing, considering how underpowered the DS is. The screens are still a bit small for videos though, subbed videos might even be unreadable depending on the font.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt