Hacking What do I need to do to update to Wii v3.3?

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have 3.2 with homebrew, TP hack, homebrew channel, custom wads/channels etc...
Now if I want to 3.3 what do I need to do to make sure everything stays the same again? Just "run" The twilight hack (the new one) once more? Does the twilight hack actually do something to the wii or are you supposed to actually use it to install something like homebrew channel?

Or do I just update to 3.3 and use hbc and wad manager etc just as usual?

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I think I can answer your question, though Im not sure Im right, since I chose not to update to 3.3(im at 3.2U). Anyway, everything should stay the same, just use the new T.H. for your homebrew

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating to 3.3, the old Twilight hack will no longer work and will be deleted from your console. This is not an issue, as there is already a new one that can be loaded.

To make the update go more smoothly, I recommend installing the new Twilight hack now, so that the update overlooks any issues.

As far as there being any concern, at this point in time, there isn't any. A few weeks ago, however, there wasn't a new Twilight hack released, which drove people to panic.

AvEnGeR-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Delete your current Twilight hack.
2. Update your Wii.
3. Download the new twilight hack from here.
4. Install the correct save for the Twilight hack in the correct folder. (should be the same as your old one).
5. Your Wii is exactly as normal now, only with new update, and you can't run Trucha Signed games from the Wii's main menu. You will require Gecko to run Trucha Signed games, use HBC to run Gecko, or install the GeckoOS channel. Found here. It's a Wad file, the channel. Use Wad manager 1.1 to install it.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so I don't make a mistake (that I would regret), if anyone could answer this for me

I'm at 3.2 (NTSC) and I would like to update to 3.3, The only thing I use the Zelda hack for is the Snes, Nes & Gameboy Emulators. Would the latest update allow me to play the emulators using the new Zelda hack?

Thanks everyone, Elm

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elm said:
Just so I don't make a mistake (that I would regret), if anyone could answer this for me

I'm at 3.2 (NTSC) and I would like to update to 3.3, The only thing I use the Zelda hack for is the Snes, Nes & Gameboy Emulators. Would the latest update allow me to play the emulators using the new Zelda hack?

Thanks everyone, Elm

Yes, the new hack is exactly like the old hack, except it has a few bug fixes and works with 3.3.

Remove the current Twilight hack, install the new one, and update. Also, I would use the Homebrew Channel for your emulators.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother to update to 3.3. If you're at 3.2 stay at 3.2. There are more cons than pros imo. There is no good enough reason to update. Also you can use the new twilight hack beta. It works with 3.2 and 3.3, not just 3.3.

JimmyBobAlex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EvilShenanigans! said:
There is no good enough reason to update.
beztytuukj5.png

Had to do it, I lol'd good the first time for some reason.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem I forsee:
THey update to 3.4 in the near future, which remains unhacked for a while, and I cannot upgrade to 3.3 which may be required by some future game.

I'm a little confused here. Does actually running TP and running the hack DO something by itself? Or is it only useful when you want to install something?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killplaystation said:
JimmyBobAlex said:
I lol'd good the first time for some reason.
We don't know the reason either

Bill Murray, that says it all.

QUOTE(blueoakleyz @ Jun 27 2008, 11:24 PM)
The problem I forsee:
THey update to 3.4 in the near future, which remains unhacked for a while, and I cannot upgrade to 3.3 which may be required by some future game.

I'm a little confused here. Does actually running TP and running the hack DO something by itself? Or is it only useful when you want to install something?

Running the Twilight hack allows you to boot homebrew, which allows you to boot the WAD installer. Once you boot the WAD installer, you can install the Homebrew Channel WAD, from which you can boot homebrew without TP.

blueoakleyz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well I already have the HBC and wad manager installed. Do i have to reinstall them?

Anyway let me restate my original question (well sorta).

If I run the twilight hack by itself.. and don't use it to install any other wads/channels/homebrew,, does it actually do anything?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blueoakleyz said:
well I already have the HBC and wad manager installed. Do i have to reinstall them?

Anyway let me restate my original question (well sorta).

If I run the twilight hack by itself.. and don't use it to install any other wads/channels/homebrew,, does it actually do anything?

I pretty much just explained everything it does.

It allows you to run code. It's an enabler.

If you have the HBC, you don't need it until you go to 3.3.

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only people at this point who shouldn't update are those with a large number of Trucha signed games. Although Gecko OS will allow them to work, I think it's an annoying extra step. I personally have about 20 Trucha signed discs. About 10 discs where I removed "Error 001 protection" and about 10 custom GH3 discs, so I personally have been holding off on updating. Maybe one day I'll be crazy drunk and feel the need to have a Mii Parade, and I'll update. Until then... I guess I'll keep drinking.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
EvilShenanigans! said:
Don't bother to update to 3.3. If you're at 3.2 stay at 3.2. There are more cons than pros imo. There is no good enough reason to update. Also you can use the new twilight hack beta. It works with 3.2 and 3.3, not just 3.3.

Smash Bros Brawl PAL (released only yesterday in Europe) probably have the 3.3 on it. Didn't bought it yet but chance are high that the update is on the DVD (as the update was dated from March in the update files) and so, required to play the game.

So that's maybe why he's asking, if he's European.

To answer to the question, the best advice is to remove VC games you didn't bought if you have some, same for the WiiWare (even if Nintendo shouldn't be able to see if they are legit or not, as for the moment, the shop recognize them as "legit games" even if they originally aren't), remove the twilight hack, then do the update, then reinstall everything, so let's summary.

- Uninstall any VC/WiiWare games downloaded from the web and installed with Wad Installer or such appz (not required, should work without doing that, but the best thing is to remove it, it take a few seconds so), and everything you installed from .wad found on the web (Homebrew Channel, Wad Installer/Uninstaller, Emulators).
- Remove the old Twilight Hack (also not required, as the update will delete it itself if you leave it, but same, the best advice would be to remove it before, it also take a few seconds so)
- Run the update.
- Once the update is done, install the new Twilight Hack, and the VC/WiiWare you uninstalled before the update if you had somes.
- Enjoy.

Remove all those things aren't required, like the Homebrew Channel. Even if you leave it, it won't corrupt your Wii and the channel will always work fine, but that's just a precaution, as it cost nothing.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davhuit said:
EvilShenanigans! said:

Smash Bros Brawl PAL (released only yesterday in Europe) probably have the 3.3 on it. Didn't bought it yet but chance are high that the update is on the DVD (as the update was dated from March in the update files) and so, required to play the game.

So that's maybe why he's asking, if he's European.

To answer to the question, the best advice is to remove VC games you didn't bought if you have some, same for the WiiWare (even if Nintendo shouldn't be able to see if they are legit or not, as for the moment, the shop recognize them as "legit games" even if they originally aren't), remove the twilight hack, then do the update, then reinstall everything, so let's summary.

- Uninstall any VC/WiiWare games downloaded from the web and installed with Wad Installer or such appz (not required, should work without doing that, but the best thing is to remove it, it take a few seconds so), and everything you installed from .wad found on the web (Homebrew Channel, Wad Installer/Uninstaller, Emulators).
- Remove the old Twilight Hack (also not required, as the update will delete it itself if you leave it, but same, the best advice would be to remove it before, it also take a few seconds so)
- Run the update.
- Once the update is done, install the new Twilight Hack, and the VC/WiiWare you uninstalled before the update if you had somes.
- Enjoy.

Remove all those things aren't required, like the Homebrew Channel. Even if you leave it, it won't corrupt your Wii and the channel will always work fine, but that's just a precaution, as it cost nothing.

Okay, just a few more questions before I consider updating.

I only have Emulators on my NTSC Wii (Snes & Visual Boy), so what are some of the bugs people keep talking about when updating to 3.3, do they have anything to do with emulators or the ROMS ?

Do I need to delete my Emu banners before installing the new Zelda hack?

Thanks Elm

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Brawl doesn't have 3.3E update.

Also: Whee mass paranoia, again! Come on guys, do we need to go scared every time Nintendo releases something new or some new homebrew thing is found?

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just a few more questions before I consider updating.

I only have Emulators on my NTSC Wii (Snes & Visual Boy), so what are some of the bugs people keep talking about when updating to 3.3, do they have anything to do with emulators or the ROMS ?

Do I need to delete my Emu banners before installing the new Zelda hack?

Thanks Elm
[/quote]

Anybody plz.....
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol