yaynds.gif

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why?
He'd better make it when we need it
This only could give Nintendo the chance to make a fix before we are going to need it

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
being able to flash a firmware does NOT have jack shit to do with custom firmwares. to test a custom firmware you merely need a flash programmer or an infectus modchip, which has been available for months, and there's no custom firmware yet.

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Not saying anything rude, but why are the channel screens looking completely different before and after the HACK? Is it reverting the whole system to a different time.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Theres another topic on this as well
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89833

At any rate, heres my say in the matter:

Problem is though guys, what good will this do? Of course it will let you down grade, but what about all the games that ship with the latest firmware and require it to play? Nintendo will be releasing their games with the newest firmware as they are made to prevent hings like this from taking hold.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Either this prog really fucks up the Wii's channels and order, or this video is fake. The menu looks COMPLETELY different before and after the downgrade.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pikachu025 said:
Either this prog really fucks up the Wii's channels and order, or this video is fake. The menu looks COMPLETELY different before and after the downgrade.

Why would bushing post a fake video?

The .wad (i think he uses a .wad because it looks like he accesses the wad installer or wad manger) may contain the firmware. This firmware has different icons than the first firmware.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want custom firmware that supports Gamecube remote control of the Wii Menu, and Wii remote (at least the power button) support in Gamecube mode.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably a proof of concept that you can use software to change your Wii's system software revision. The only other method of downgrade/replacement has required a hardware modification. He's proving that you only need the Twilight hack to completely compromise the system, with possibilities of downgrades and custom firmware installs.

ProdigySim

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
Problem is though guys, what good will this do? Of course it will let you down grade, but what about all the games that ship with the latest firmware and require it to play? Nintendo will be releasing their games with the newest firmware as they are made to prevent hings like this from taking hold.Any title that runs on the Wii selects a version of IOS (essentially, the firmware) to use. The Wii Systemmenu (which shows the version number) is different, and also merely selects a version of IOS to use. You can get new IOS versions without getting a new SystemMenu

QUOTE(Prime @ Jun 8 2008, 12:32 PM) Why would bushing post a fake video?
You realize bushing has nothing to do with this, right?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProdigySim said:
Narin said:
Problem is though guys, what good will this do? Of course it will let you down grade, but what about all the games that ship with the latest firmware and require it to play? Nintendo will be releasing their games with the newest firmware as they are made to prevent hings like this from taking hold.Any title that runs on the Wii selects a version of IOS (essentially, the firmware) to use. The Wii Systemmenu (which shows the version number) is different, and also merely selects a version of IOS to use. You can get new IOS versions without getting a new SystemMenu

QUOTE(Prime @ Jun 8 2008, 12:32 PM) Why would bushing post a fake video?
You realize bushing has nothing to do with this, right?

oh my god, I'm sure i seen bushing as the youtube username. Fuck sake i need to get my eyes checked.

Why would waninkoko post a fake video?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First thing that struck me as odd was that it was a WAD install... with a ticket and everything... why would the system files need a ticket?

Second, when it was rebooted, Breath of Fire 3 was in the channel line up, when it wasn't there in the 3.1 channel line up...

Just seems fake... but who knows...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one