Gaming GBA Games that shouldn't have been made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Everyone! may i ask your suggestions on games that shouldn't have been made? GBA Games that suck in short. for some unknown reason i want to spend my time with them and try them for myself! thanks!

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Making a lot of topics today, aren't you?
wink.gif
lol

Any football/soccer/hockey/sports annual update ... you only need one, really ... don't you?

Just have it unlicensed, with fully customisable names, faces, uniforms & stats ... then, if people want their favorite sporting personalities, in the game, they can just create them.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LESS DISCUSSION ABOUT THE VALIDITY OF THIS TOPIC AND MOAR BAD GAMES

Shaman King: Master of Spirits

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair I only listed games that I remember sucking really bad. I let the kiddy games slide because those are obviously crap for most older players but the kids like them and that's the age level they are made for. But in my list are games that NOONE should play. I believe they actually make them play these games at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib...

Noddy - A Day in Toyland (this gets 5 gold stars in suckability), Elf Bowling, MK Advance (I love the MK series but they TOTALLY screwed the pooch on this 'port'), Whac-a-Mole, Star Wars - Jedi Power Battles, anything that ends in 'z', E.T., any Army Men game (that should go w/o saying on any system really), Monsters Inc, No Rules - Get Phat, Cruis'n Velocity, Driven, Men in Black - The Series (cmon you need to stop and pull out your gun to shoot?!), Monster Jam - Maximum Destruction, The Scorpion King, Urban Yeti, ATV Quad Power Racing, Gauntlet - Dark Legacy (another game in a series that was messed up), BattleBots, Wings, Crazy Taxi - Catch a Ride (ANOTHER game that gave the rest of the series a bad name), Simpsons Road Rage, Monster Truck Madness, most every game released in the past 6 months, ...

Keeper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Medal of Honor Underground. Doesn't get much worse then that I say

I should also give Yuu Yuu Hakusho an honorable mention due to my bitter disappointment in it after waiting so long for another decent yuu yuu game

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serious Sam Advance

ME0000461536_2.jpg
ME0000461534_2.jpg
ME0000461548_2.jpg

Horrible controls, sometimes some enemies can't even be seen until you are close to them, even in a small room! Sound that would be bad on a NES and some horrid framerate issues, especially when there is more than three enemies on the screen.

Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge, there doesn't seem to be much of gameplay in this game,you just press A a lot, most stuff is done for you. A lot of people like this for some reason.

Revenge of Shinobi, yay a new Shinobi game! Oh it doesn't seem to be finished, plays too slow and just so damn dull.

walkearth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why Yu-Yu Hakusho !?
angry.gif

I enjoyed both of the games for the console. The first, Spirit Detective, wasn't something special but it was interesting. And the second one, Tournament Tactics was a masterpiece, a bright copy of FFT, but still an awesome game!
lecture.gif

As for the really crappy games that I've played...
Harry Sucker and the philosophers stone - that was baaaaaaaaad.
Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis - bad, really bad port, soooo annoying!
Franklin The Turtle, Open Season, Bratz the stink and more, whos names I can't remember...

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to nominate Doom 1 and 2. The graphics were so horrible they made you want to puke. Save the FPS games for the DS please.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that's just not right shoving DOOM1 and in particular 2 on this list. While DOOM1 was a port of the ho-hum Jaguar release DOOM2 was a basically perfect port of the PC one except it's largest stage was cut into 2 on GBA(whoopdeedoo.) You can make out stuff close up and at a distance so I don't see why the lame comment...it looks like 10x clearer than that shitty image set of Serious Sam Advance there.

I will add another nod to Serious Sam, MOH Underground (indistinguishable blurry shit on a LCD is best described as) and Metal Slug Advance is just boring as hell and stupid cheap on trying to collect the prisoners into the archive...cards too. Also agree witht he general statement of 99% of licensed (movies, cartoons, tv, music groups, etc) games. The original F-Zero on the GBA was pretty crap with the boring cars and some very crappily designed courses, plus it just didn't control like any other FZero ever and since...just bad.

Also Ubisoft deserves a special place in hell for bad games because they did something far worse than a licensed title, horribly looking mess, something with bad controls...they fucked up two early 90s Capcom classics on the GBA: Final Fight One and Super Street Fighter II. FFOne they removed the weapons blood, 'oh my god gets (car)', and the girls are out for transexual stickboys. SSF2 they left a ton of glitches into which 99% are no biggie, but the big one...if you unlock Akuma, it trashes your save file ruining saved time scores in time attack and survivor, Akuma himself is random sprites which locks the game up too so you can't finish it. Oh and the gravy, that trashed file is permanent as there is no reset data code and it's an EEPROM so you have no battery to pull.

I basically have to lose 1 match and continue in SSF2 or my game will get fucked up.
frown.gif

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
silent sniper said:
thebobevil said:
99% of licensed titles.
quoted for truth

QUOTE(xcalibur @ Apr 7 2008, 01:19 AM) Metal Slug Advance
Onimusha Tactics
heeey man metal slug advance was great D:< short, but great

The sprites were too choppy, the GBA is definitely as or more capable than the Neo Geo, so I think that they should have had at least a decent number of frames for each sprite. Now if conly the MGS ports weren't scrapped... *drools*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy