WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: This thread can be deleted, i did some more forum searching and found my answer
smile.gif
If i can delete it myself, i'm sorry, but i don't see how. Thanks
smile.gif

(amazing site, by the way
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just asking whats the major differences between the two cards, i picked up an SCDS-One (due to price) and a 4 gig micro-card, and i've been LOVING it. But i had been hearing word of the CycloDS Evolution, and high praises. But after a little more searching i found there were already discussions in other places around this boards... and i didn't want to be another person that just jumps in and asks the same question...... even though i did that from the start heh.

I was also looking for a card for the wife, and i was thinking about getting a Cyclo for myself and passing off the DS-One to the wife (she's been using it on mine, so she's already used to the menu structure and everything). But i think i'm just going to pick her up a second DS-One (its 10 bucks cheaper than the cyclo, and they seem to be very similar, with the only MAJOR difference...aside from some prettier looks on the Cyclo... is the slower menu of the DS-One, and apparently they're working on a new firmware update that will speed that up.)

If i'm uninformed about the differences though (if theres a major difference between the Cyclo that makes it better than the DS-One, PLEASE let me know. I'm very curious
smile.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
I was just asking whats the major differences between the two cards, i picked up an SCDS-One (due to price) and a 4 gig micro-card, and i've been LOVING it. But i had been hearing word of the CycloDS Evolution, and high praises. But after a little more searching i found there were already discussions in other places around this boards... and i didn't want to be another person that just jumps in and asks the same question...... even though i did that from the start heh.

I was also looking for a card for the wife, and i was thinking about getting a Cyclo for myself and passing off the DS-One to the wife (she's been using it on mine, so she's already used to the menu structure and everything). But i think i'm just going to pick her up a second DS-One (its 10 bucks cheaper than the cyclo, and they seem to be very similar, with the only MAJOR difference...aside from some prettier looks on the Cyclo... is the slower menu of the DS-One, and apparently they're working on a new firmware update that will speed that up.)

If i'm uninformed about the differences though (if theres a major difference between the Cyclo that makes it better than the DS-One, PLEASE let me know. I'm very curious
smile.gif
Native english speaking support team. Honestly (it may sound stupid to others) that is the reason I picked the Cyclo. I like how I can email/post on the forums support and have a logical communication with them. I think it really enhances my experience.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Cyclo and SCDS1 are very evenly matched. But The SCDS1 is better, due to more features, and it's tripple loader.But the real nice thing about the Cyclo team, is that they answer your questions directly, instead of someone from the forums answering your questions. SCDS1 lacks that, but the team makes it up with the frequent updates.

You can get a SCDS1 SDHC for 35 bucks off of DealExtreme. Although if you're gonna order from them, it will take at least around 2 weeks to deliver.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Cyclo and SCDS1 are very evenly matched. But The SCDS1 is better, due to more features, and it's tripple loader.But the real nice thing about the Cyclo team, is that they answer your questions directly, instead of someone from the forums answering your questions. SCDS1 lacks that, but the team makes it up with the frequent updates.

You can get a SCDS1 SDHC for 35 bucks off of DealExtreme. Although if you're gonna order from them, it will take at least around 2 weeks to deliver.
whats the triple loader?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
thanihonjinballa said:
ojsinnerz said:

whats the triple loader?

You can have 3 different softwares which boot up with the SCDS1.
The DSTT, Sakura and the default.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't "Sakura" the new unreleased M3 Real loader? I'm pretty sure the Tripple Loader lets you select between the SCDS menu, the DSTT loader, or YSMenu (alternate firmware for the DSTT). The DSTT loader and YSMenu are faster but don't let you use some of the SCDS's advanced features like RTS.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
DanTheManMS said:
Isn't "Sakura" the new unreleased M3 Real loader? I'm pretty sure the Tripple Loader lets you select between the SCDS menu, the DSTT loader, or YSMenu (alternate firmware for the DSTT). The DSTT loader and YSMenu are faster but don't let you use some of the SCDS's advanced features like RTS.

Yeah. I haven't been paying attention lately since my DS broke.
Too many fancy names flying about!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just loaded up the triple loader last night, and wow, its fun!
smile.gif
However Ysmenu... i accidenty del'd from Ysmenu because you can do that lol. But other than that, i'm loving my DS-One. However, i'm looking at getting an EZ 3-in-1. Two questions about that as well, Does it work with DS-One, and can i use that with the DS browser?

So people know, i got my DS-One off of NXPGame.com for 40 USD, and for like 5 USD shipping, it came in like 3 days.
I also snagged a 4gig sandisk SDHC microSD from www.meritline.com for 25 USD, so it forkin rawks heh.

As for the triple loader, i'm pretty much sticking with the SD-One firmware, cause i'm used to it. As soon as the newer version is out, it'll be pretty rad.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
PharaohsVizier said:
leavemealone347 said:
WildWon said:

smile.gif
Native english speaking support team. Honestly (it may sound stupid to others) that is the reason I picked the Cyclo. I like how I can email/post on the forums support and have a logical communication with them. I think it really enhances my experience.

I realize romman's English is pretty horrible, but he does reply, and his replies are understandable, just might take a bit to understand.
I had Romman's contact on MSN a lot of time ago, and he answered pretty quickly to my questions (something about functions that I liked to be implemented, and that GOT implemented
biggrin.gif
). What's better than having one of the developers directly responding to you?
smile.gif

Also I've never really had the necessity to ask help on their forums, but there are a lot of people ready to answer you on there, so I can't really find how the CycloDS support could be better than SuperCard's
tongue.gif

Dudu.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, you think talk to romman trough MSN is funny? You should try on phone..

My spoken english is kinda bad, ( well, writen too ) and his too, so was a terrible conversation!

he call me on my cellphone, I hangup thinking was a joke, then he call me at home, asking my adress to send-me a brand new SDHC Supercard One for testing ..

that was funny

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, it's somewhat rare to see the Supercard team responding directly to users on the Supercard forum. However, there are some good experienced users who answer most of the questions posted there. I can see why having an English development team would be useful though.

Personally I view the SCDS and CycloDS as being at about the same level. Each has advantages and disadvantages compared to each other that even out in the end.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
To be fair, it's somewhat rare to see the Supercard team responding directly to users on the Supercard forum. However, there are some good experienced users who answer most of the questions posted there. I can see why having an English development team would be useful though.

Personally I view the SCDS and CycloDS as being at about the same level. Each has advantages and disadvantages compared to each other that even out in the end.

If you could, could you toss out some of the pluses and minuses of both? I have the DS-One and from what i've heard, there's only one major difference as a bonus for both. DS-One has the game guide (which i don't even know what that is yet lol) and the Cyclo has faster menu and faster rom load times. Are there any other comparisons i should know?

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes, for cheats the scds1 is way way superior to the cyclo-ds

scds1...
real time cheat engine via scds-1 menu (though the interface is crappy, the engine is sublime)
+full single file xml cheat compatabilty (rayders cheat file) via the DSTT/Y's menu

cyclods...
partial/limited single file xml support

... there's no comparaison, the cyclo is not even up to r4 when it comes to cheats

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple