Hacking Auto boot ROM with M3 REAL

doyama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get any clarification on whether the M3 REAL can auto-boot the last used ROM? I'm looking for something similar to how the CycloDS or the DS-X works. Can anyone confirm what they actually mean by 'direct boot' or whatever?

doyama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an older M3, so I assume the game menu is just where you select the rom to load?

So this direct boot feature is not similar to how it works on the CycloDS Evo, or the DS-X?

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
No. I think this feature means you can only auto load the "NDS" folder (with all your games). It would be good if it did support auto ROM boot. Maybe in a future firmware update? Eh, g6team?

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK let's talk about "real" autobooting:

There is a boot.ini in the systems folder which has a line for autoboot.
When I add the path to a file there (e.g. "/NDS/xxxx - Mario.nds") it works and does automatically load the game on startup itself.

But the next questions are:
1. If you want to not load the file sometimes and want in the game menu, how do you do that? - Maybe hold down some buttons?
2. What parameters does the boot.ini unterstand resp. what else can you use in the boot.ini??
3. I read somewhere when you hold down a specific button (e.g. or [Select]) the card dows something. Can I find a chart where are all the boot possibilities are listed??
4. Is it possible to store the save files in a different folder that in the NDS folder??
5. Can you use subfolders in the NDS folder to divide a larger amount of files??
I tried to make subfolders within the NDS folder BUT when you switch to one of these you can not switch back to the NDS folder.
Click in the down left corner and select a subfolder within the NDS folder it will work BUT then try to select the NDS folder itself again... it won't work!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel