OP
Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
Xr9.jpg

Wlip is a device that allows any Wii user to install any (or rather most) Wii modchips without having to solder or modify the console in any way. To find out more about the product check out their web page:

Wlip (English) (might not be working at the moment)
Wlip (Spanish)

Here's a small demonstration on how you install the device:
Video demo

According to the website, the Wlip is compatible with the following modchips:

Wiinja
Wiimod
Wiiskas
OpenWii
Wiifree
Wiikey
Cyclowiz
Wiid

Apparently, the device fits perfectly inside the Wii and it can be removed at any time, along with the modchip, since it doesn't require any soldering. The initial price will be 25 €uros.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
wow, from the video, that looked super simple! A bit too good to be true...question is what compatibility will this have for the Wii revisions, and what features does this thing have?

p.s, the website isn't working for me
frown.gif

TheGrub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The spanish version works...

And it look real good.. From the pictures, it supports the opensource modchips AND you can solder a wiikey or any other modchip to the wlip before clipping it onto the wii...

Pretty amazing if you ask me !!

Will they be able to come out with a version for the D2C... that would be very cool !

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unsure.gif
sure does look easy.

can´t enter the website either, so no details, but..

this certainly wouldn´t work on one of the models with the pins cut, or ??

(edit) also could the d2ckey be soldered onto it as well?

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG ................. this looks awesome

in the picture it looks like they removed some of the pins in the wii how did they do that ?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OMG ................. this looks awesome

in the picture it looks like they removed some of the pins in the wii how did they do that ?

The removed pins are something Nintendo did recently to stop modchippers from installing them. There are loads of threads here and at WiiNewz about this.

Because of the way this works, it's not currently compatible with D2C, but there is every indication that this can be made to work with D2C, and in fact still be solderless at least to attach the wires to the Wii board, which is the hard part anyway. Soldering the wires to the actual D2C chip is a piece of cake.

This is a very welcome development. I'm honestly surprised it took this long to happen.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
That's genius, the way is just pushes down on top of the chip. I worry, though, that it might work loose and fall off later on, e.g. if you transport your Wii to another location.

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
Damn that DID look very easy.

Might be a false. I hope not, i really want one now.

If you want to use the Wiikey, which is the best modchip available right now, you still need to solder:

ifmsy0.png

since you need to solder, if you want the wiikey, you might as well get just the wiikey and not this product.

Looks wonderful. But the guarantee is lost just by opening the Wii, right?

correct.

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
Since it is just a matter of putting the white thing over a black chip thingy I'm sure it works for ever chip set.

and it would be impossible for nintendo to find out you have been using on of these because you don't need to solder and it just clicks into place.

The only worrying part for me is to opening the wii, i make things break by just opening them
frown.gif

I hope they come out soon, i need a modchip for my Wii, i have no soldering knowledge.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since it is just a matter of putting the white thing over a black chip thingy I'm sure it works for ever chip set.
Not completely true. They show that it does work with the cut legs, so this is valuable most for that. It will not work with D2C in its current model because the D2CKey uses a vastly different installation schematic, but all other chipsets are supported
QUOTE said:
and it would be impossible for nintendo to find out you have been using on of these because you don't need to solder and it just clicks into place.

The only worrying part for me is to opening the wii, i make things break by just opening them
frown.gif

You're probably right, as long as when the Wii was disassembled, and reassembled that care was taken and it isn't blatantly obvious (you melted plastic to get a screw out or something) that the machine has been opened. Otherwise there's no permanent effect on the console from what I can tell

QUOTEI hope they come out soon, i need a modchip for my Wii, i have no soldering knowledge.

This is perfect for people with no soldering skills like yourself, assuming you have a Pre-D2C Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol