Hacking Is there ANY slot-1 card still working?

evadwolrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Given the latest arm7 shenanigans, are there any slot-1 devices that can still boast the ability to run pretty much ALL roms?

I have a DS-X and up until now I've been really happy with it. But the lack or (working) updates is ridiculous. Apparently other devices get updates at lightning speed so I might just jump ship. Plus I'll be able to get more games on my cart if I do!
wub.gif

Can anyone recommend a new cart to me? I haven't been keeping up to date with new cart releases etc since mine cost so damn much and I didn't think I'd ever need to jump ship.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The original Acekard still runs all games flawlessly. (As well as the RPG I assume). The CycloDS doesn't have any know compatibility issues after firmware 1.2 BETA 3 and the G6 DS Real still runs all games.

Not sure of anymore off the top of my head.

HMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G6 Real FTW!!!
wink.gif

Seriously, I have a 16Gb G6R and highly recommend it. Just throw your games in there, no worries.

And updates-wise the G6 team is also pretty good. Not that the Real needs updates for game compatibility (up until now, at least) but knowing that the slot 2 Lite is still supported gives you extra peace of mind.

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EzV has worked for me, just doesn't have an auto-detec for saves, so you have to manually do that via updating a save list or using the beta kernel and selecting the save type yourself.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best ones are the R4, CycloDS Evolution, G6 Real and probably the Acekard RPG.

I agree with maikelsteneker, except for the Acekard RPG, since it still to new. But I have the R4/CycloDS/G6 Real 16Gb, and I love all 3 of them. My personal choice right now is the G6 Real 16Gb, just because overall I like the internal memory aspect and the look and feel of the GUI for it.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4/M3DSS are the best. They are the cheapest and work 100%. Plus there are great updates from a great team.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R4 should release an update soon. Of course, I'm relying on the the fact that they haven't failed yet on the epic updates. For example, download play was fixed and many thought that it would never happen.

windrider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
G6 Real FTW!!!
wink.gif

Seriously, I have a 16Gb G6R and highly recommend it. Just throw your games in there, no worries.

And updates-wise the G6 team is also pretty good. Not that the Real needs updates for game compatibility (up until now, at least) but knowing that the slot 2 Lite is still supported gives you extra peace of mind.

I also highly recommend this card. Works great. I am glad I got one.

scrub6969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have a ds-x as, and for the most part its a good card I've also been feeling ripped off by the lack of updates. I mean yeah you can patch most roms so they will work, but its a hassle. Considering most other cards have been updates a LONG time ago makes you wonder what the devs are doing. Not to mention that the ds-x team is ruling over their forums like nazis and the slightest hint at rom incompatibility and your banned. Such a shitty way to treat their customers
frown.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention that the ds-x team is ruling over their forums like nazis and the slightest hint at rom incompatibility and your banned. Such a shitty way to treat their customers
frown.gif
Yeah, I used a BugMeNot account to gain access to the forums and help out a few people there with generic homebrew help, but when someone else used the account to post one spam message, the account got banned, so I simply stopped going there. Not the same thing as mentioning piracy, but similar.

Riku Akiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would go for the Supercard DS ONE, I've been using it since its launched and I've had Zero problems running any rom, No Arm7 problems, nothing.

sasuke_kun12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I personally would go for the Supercard DS ONE, I've been using it since its launched and I've had Zero problems running any rom, No Arm7 problems, nothing.
I vouch for that! plus the EZ V bundle ain't so bad. by the way TheNeck, who is that in your avatar? me likey!
biggrin.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.