Is there ANY slot-1 card still working?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by evadwolrab, Sep 12, 2007.

Sep 12, 2007
  1. evadwolrab
    OP

Member evadwolrab GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Given the latest arm7 shenanigans, are there any slot-1 devices that can still boast the ability to run pretty much ALL roms?

I have a DS-X and up until now I've been really happy with it. But the lack or (working) updates is ridiculous. Apparently other devices get updates at lightning speed so I might just jump ship. Plus I'll be able to get more games on my cart if I do! [​IMG]

Can anyone recommend a new cart to me? I haven't been keeping up to date with new cart releases etc since mine cost so damn much and I didn't think I'd ever need to jump ship.

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    The original Acekard still runs all games flawlessly. (As well as the RPG I assume). The CycloDS doesn't have any know compatibility issues after firmware 1.2 BETA 3 and the G6 DS Real still runs all games.

Not sure of anymore off the top of my head.

3. evadwolrab
    OP

Member evadwolrab GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Cheers fella!

Dya reckon CycloDS is the way forward then?

4. HMan

Newcomer HMan Member

Portugal
    G6 Real FTW!!! [​IMG]

Seriously, I have a 16Gb G6R and highly recommend it. Just throw your games in there, no worries.

And updates-wise the G6 team is also pretty good. Not that the Real needs updates for game compatibility (up until now, at least) but knowing that the slot 2 Lite is still supported gives you extra peace of mind.

5. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Wait for gbatemp's review on the AKRPG and see for yourself [​IMG]

6. Saylient_Dreams

Member Saylient_Dreams GBAtemp Fan

United States
    EzV has worked for me, just doesn't have an auto-detec for saves, so you have to manually do that via updating a save list or using the beta kernel and selecting the save type yourself.

7. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    The best ones are the R4, CycloDS Evolution, G6 Real and probably the Acekard RPG.

8. TheNeck

Member TheNeck GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I agree with maikelsteneker, except for the Acekard RPG, since it still to new. But I have the R4/CycloDS/G6 Real 16Gb, and I love all 3 of them. My personal choice right now is the G6 Real 16Gb, just because overall I like the internal memory aspect and the look and feel of the GUI for it.

9. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    The Ncard still has 100%.
    Its quite cheap, also.

10. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    R4/M3DSS are the best. They are the cheapest and work 100%. Plus there are great updates from a great team.

11. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    R4 should release an update soon. Of course, I'm relying on the the fact that they haven't failed yet on the epic updates. For example, download play was fixed and many thought that it would never happen.

12. windrider

Newcomer windrider Member

Canada
    I also highly recommend this card. Works great. I am glad I got one.

13. qwertyasdf

Newcomer qwertyasdf Advanced Member

Canada
    +1
    Only around $50 shipped at http://www.emveegaming.com - best value you can get for a flash cart with 1GB of memory. R4s without memory will cost you this much.

14. scrub6969

Newcomer scrub6969 Newbie

United States
    I too have a ds-x as, and for the most part its a good card I've also been feeling ripped off by the lack of updates. I mean yeah you can patch most roms so they will work, but its a hassle. Considering most other cards have been updates a LONG time ago makes you wonder what the devs are doing. Not to mention that the ds-x team is ruling over their forums like nazis and the slightest hint at rom incompatibility and your banned. Such a shitty way to treat their customers [​IMG]

15. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Yeah, I used a BugMeNot account to gain access to the forums and help out a few people there with generic homebrew help, but when someone else used the account to post one spam message, the account got banned, so I simply stopped going there. Not the same thing as mentioning piracy, but similar.

16. Riku Akiyama

Member Riku Akiyama GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I personally would go for the Supercard DS ONE, I've been using it since its launched and I've had Zero problems running any rom, No Arm7 problems, nothing.

17. sasuke_kun12

Member sasuke_kun12 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I vouch for that! plus the EZ V bundle ain't so bad. by the way TheNeck, who is that in your avatar? me likey! [​IMG]

18. TaMs

Member TaMs Randomizer

Finland
    R4 is 35$ plus shipping in gameyeeeah and 42$ in deal extreme. and then just get 1gb microsd with 10$, so r4 with memory costs you that much. (about 50$)

19. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Slightly off topic:

So... Just what is all the buzz surrounding slot-1 cards really about? I mean, slot-2 has worked enough for my purposes.