ROM Hack Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007 Save-Game Editor

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here it is. It ain't pretty, but I think it works on raw .SAV files like those that the M3 Simply and R4DS uses.

UltraShare - YuGiOhWC07_SaveGameEditor_4-04-07.zip
RapidShare - YuGiOhWC07_SaveGameEditor_4-04-07.zip

If someone can post a link to some info or a tool that will convert save-games to AND from other formats so that other users can use it, that would be appreciated.

It has been tested (by someone else) with DS-XTREME .SAV files, but they must first be uncompressed.
http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showpost.php?p=7235&postcount=26
As far as I know, they do not need to be compressed before putting back on to the DS-X.

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
M3 Simply user here, tested it and it works. I've actually been trying to edit the output file using UltraEdit-32 to remove the CHT username suffix, in an attempt to see 1)if it can be done, and 2)if I have the "skills" to do it (I must confess, I have no programming experience whatsoever).

I can't edit it out no matter what I try. Good job Flavor! It's virtually idiot-proof
biggrin.gif

I found this courtesy of Google. It's a multiconverter for saves, so you can convert between multiple flash cart save formats. I can't test it, but I hope this helps anyways.
MaxConsole Forums - SavConv GUI 2.0

sgrstck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tested the whole CHT thing, to see if I could take it out, I couldn't hexedit it out originally, it just reverted to the original savefile.

But: I found another way to get rid of the CHT text. All I did was make my name the max number of characters long, and then the CHT text isn't part of the name, but some other stats.

It really fucked up my savefile though: I now have a negative amount of DP, represented by a weird symbol thing. It means I can buy an infinite number of packs and stuff though which is cool.

Also weird: I have now apparantly have 85497230 monsters returned to my hand in duels, and my max atk is something even larger.

It might've fucked my game up in other ways too, not sure, I'll send you the save file so you can check it out if you want. It should be a pretty easy bug to fix if you just make the CHT overwrite the last three characters of the name; instead of just adding it on the end.

anyways; nice work man. These save editors are a godsend for people who get their saves corrupted after hours and hours of gameplay time.

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
I talked too Flavor. And anyone that uses this is part of the CHT clan.
rofl2.gif

So, by using this editor and apply cheats, your automatically a member! xD

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But: I found another way to get rid of the CHT text. All I did was make my name the max number of characters long, and then the CHT text isn't part of the name, but some other stats.

It really fucked up my savefile though:

Ahh, hacking the hack. You gotta
wub.gif
it.

It was supposed to handle that case properly, but I guess it doesn't.
smile.gif

Did you know that the max number of characters depends on which characters you use? You can put more 'l's in than you can put in 'O's. Of course, that's because l's are skinnier.

Anyway, I didn't really want to just overwrite the last letters in the name because what if your name was "Joe"? Then it would just become "CHT".

Whatever. I'll look at the code, but just know that if you're gonna cheat, you might end up paying the price. Keep backups.

sgrstck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

It really fucked up my savefile though:

Ahh, hacking the hack. You gotta
wub.gif
it.

It was supposed to handle that case properly, but I guess it doesn't.
smile.gif

Did you know that the max number of characters depends on which characters you use? You can put more 'l's in than you can put in 'O's. Of course, that's because l's are skinnier.

Anyway, I didn't really want to just overwrite the last letters in the name because what if your name was "Joe"? Then it would just become "CHT".

Whatever. I'll look at the code, but just know that if you're gonna cheat, you might end up paying the price. Keep backups.
Yeh I noticed that, I had to make my name like: "Matt__________..." (underscores are spaces/blanks) to reach the max char limit.

Couldn't you force their name to be 20 characters (or whatever the max is) with spaces/dots and make the last 3 CHT so: "JOE__________CHT" or "JOE..................CHT"

Or if their name is stupid do this:

"WHODOYOUCALL?GHOS... CHT"

I dunno, I'm no coder/hacker, just throwing some ideas out there.
smile.gif

iJeff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Some suggestions:

-Include unlock menu outside of cheat menu
-Include unlock monsters for single player dueling
-Include unlock clothes and duel disks

Little things that would be great for the trainer, if possible. Great work on the trainer Flavor, king of Yu-Gi-Oh saves lol.

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Include unlock monsters for single player dueling
I thought I put this in that last version, already. Are you talking about something different?

-Include unlock clothes and duel disks
Yeah, that will be in there. I'll try to post it in the morning.

QUOTE(iJeff @ Mar 19 2007, 08:06 PM)
Little things that would be great for the trainer, if possible. Great work on the trainer Flavor, king of Yu-Gi-Oh saves lol.
Heh
cool.gif

superkyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.extendedplaystudios.com
XP
Country
I tested the whole CHT thing, to see if I could take it out, I couldn't hexedit it out originally, it just reverted to the original savefile.

Yeah, that pretty much was what happened with my attempts as well. I even tried comparing the original save file and the CHT save file, but all I got was
wacko.gif

I talked too Flavor. And anyone that uses this is part of the CHT clan.Â
rofl2.gif

So, by using this editor and apply cheats, your automatically a member! xD

Yay! I bow to the master of the CHT clan, Flavor!
bow.gif

iJeff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some ideas:

Adding a friendlist adder, you could use the same .txt file system for adding FC's then just importing the list through your editor.

Dunno if this is real or not, but appearantly the last lvl 5 monsters gets unlocked after beating the 'Limited' and 'Theme' challenges on LVL3. Unlike the first levels which gets unlocked for beating all 5 times each on each lvl. Could be fake though.

and here's a save converter tool:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45198

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's been updated to include new outfits and duel disks.

Check the first post of this thread.

Also, it's somewhat of a wonder that it worked in the first place. I found some pretty bad little bugs that were left over from the conversion from SCaller to WChamp07. If it's easy for you to do, I suggest that you start over with an unhacked .SAV file and then use this new version of the editor.

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding a friendlist adder, you could use the same .txt file system for adding FC's then just importing the list through your editor.

Yeah, I like that idea. I'll have to look into it when I get time. Then we could compile a list of all the CHT clan codes and we could all import them.

It sounds cool, but I don't really know when I'd get to it. It'd be a bit more complex than just setting some bytes like many of the cheats do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: