Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007 Save-Game Editor

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Flavor, Mar 19, 2007.

Mar 19, 2007
  1. Flavor
    OP

Member Flavor GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Here it is. It ain't pretty, but I think it works on raw .SAV files like those that the M3 Simply and R4DS uses.

UltraShare - YuGiOhWC07_SaveGameEditor_4-04-07.zip
    RapidShare - YuGiOhWC07_SaveGameEditor_4-04-07.zip

If someone can post a link to some info or a tool that will convert save-games to AND from other formats so that other users can use it, that would be appreciated.

It has been tested (by someone else) with DS-XTREME .SAV files, but they must first be uncompressed.
    http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showpost.php?p=7235&postcount=26
    As far as I know, they do not need to be compressed before putting back on to the DS-X.

2. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    cooooooooooooooool

3. superkyre

Newcomer superkyre Member

Philippines
    M3 Simply user here, tested it and it works. I've actually been trying to edit the output file using UltraEdit-32 to remove the CHT username suffix, in an attempt to see 1)if it can be done, and 2)if I have the "skills" to do it (I must confess, I have no programming experience whatsoever).

I can't edit it out no matter what I try. Good job Flavor! It's virtually idiot-proof [​IMG]

I found this courtesy of Google. It's a multiconverter for saves, so you can convert between multiple flash cart save formats. I can't test it, but I hope this helps anyways.
    MaxConsole Forums - SavConv GUI 2.0

4. sgrstck

Newcomer sgrstck Newbie

United Kingdom
    I tested the whole CHT thing, to see if I could take it out, I couldn't hexedit it out originally, it just reverted to the original savefile.

But: I found another way to get rid of the CHT text. All I did was make my name the max number of characters long, and then the CHT text isn't part of the name, but some other stats.

It really fucked up my savefile though: I now have a negative amount of DP, represented by a weird symbol thing. It means I can buy an infinite number of packs and stuff though which is cool.

Also weird: I have now apparantly have 85497230 monsters returned to my hand in duels, and my max atk is something even larger.

It might've fucked my game up in other ways too, not sure, I'll send you the save file so you can check it out if you want. It should be a pretty easy bug to fix if you just make the CHT overwrite the last three characters of the name; instead of just adding it on the end.

anyways; nice work man. These save editors are a godsend for people who get their saves corrupted after hours and hours of gameplay time.

5. KirbyPink

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    I talked too Flavor. And anyone that uses this is part of the CHT clan. [​IMG]
    So, by using this editor and apply cheats, your automatically a member! xD

6. Flavor
    OP

United States
    Ahh, hacking the hack. You gotta [​IMG] it.

It was supposed to handle that case properly, but I guess it doesn't. [​IMG]

Did you know that the max number of characters depends on which characters you use? You can put more 'l's in than you can put in 'O's. Of course, that's because l's are skinnier.

Anyway, I didn't really want to just overwrite the last letters in the name because what if your name was "Joe"? Then it would just become "CHT".

Whatever. I'll look at the code, but just know that if you're gonna cheat, you might end up paying the price. Keep backups.

7. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    it works good!!! just hate the game (cuz it sux) works with unconverted G6 saves

very nice (except the gay "CHT" name thing!!! [​IMG] )

8. Flavor
    OP

United States
    Welcome to the clan! Now, go out and put the clan atop the leaderboard.

By the way, is there a way to view the leaderboard on the web?

9. sgrstck

Newcomer sgrstck Newbie

United Kingdom
    Yeh I noticed that, I had to make my name like: "Matt__________..." (underscores are spaces/blanks) to reach the max char limit.

Couldn't you force their name to be 20 characters (or whatever the max is) with spaces/dots and make the last 3 CHT so: "JOE__________CHT" or "JOE..................CHT"

Or if their name is stupid do this:

"WHODOYOUCALL?GHOS... CHT"

I dunno, I'm no coder/hacker, just throwing some ideas out there. [​IMG]

10. rashef

Member rashef GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Adding a simple routine to replace the last 4 characters with _CHT if name is longet than 16 or so characters. would solve the whole problem.

11. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Very nice work, been looking for it awhile ago.

12. iJeff

Newcomer iJeff Advanced Member

Canada
    Some suggestions:

-Include unlock menu outside of cheat menu
    -Include unlock monsters for single player dueling
    -Include unlock clothes and duel disks

Little things that would be great for the trainer, if possible. Great work on the trainer Flavor, king of Yu-Gi-Oh saves lol.

13. Flavor
    OP

United States
    Heh [​IMG]

14. superkyre

Newcomer superkyre Member

Philippines
    Yay! I bow to the master of the CHT clan, Flavor! [​IMG]

15. iJeff

Newcomer iJeff Advanced Member

Canada
    Oh sorry I chopped up the sentence, I had meant to include unlocking monsters (without dueled stats) outside of the Cheat menu. If that is at all possible without modifying the player stats.

16. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    Some ideas:

Adding a friendlist adder, you could use the same .txt file system for adding FC's then just importing the list through your editor.

Dunno if this is real or not, but appearantly the last lvl 5 monsters gets unlocked after beating the 'Limited' and 'Theme' challenges on LVL3. Unlike the first levels which gets unlocked for beating all 5 times each on each lvl. Could be fake though.

and here's a save converter tool:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45198

17. Flavor
    OP

United States
    Okay, it's been updated to include new outfits and duel disks.

Check the first post of this thread.

Also, it's somewhat of a wonder that it worked in the first place. I found some pretty bad little bugs that were left over from the conversion from SCaller to WChamp07. If it's easy for you to do, I suggest that you start over with an unhacked .SAV file and then use this new version of the editor.

18. Flavor
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I like that idea. I'll have to look into it when I get time. Then we could compile a list of all the CHT clan codes and we could all import them.

It sounds cool, but I don't really know when I'd get to it. It'd be a bit more complex than just setting some bytes like many of the cheats do.

19. KirbyPink

Member KirbyPink GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Some bugs eh?
    Check my record:
    [​IMG]

Also Return to Hand is 18002 and Union 3473

20. Flavor
    OP

United States
    I think that I saw bad data like this even before I hacked the save-game. Can anyone confirm or try a new unhacked save-game?