Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

OKIWI Alpha 1 Released

Homebrew NDS Web browser

The first release of OKIWI, a homebrew DS web browser, has been let loose. In this Alpha release you can get a glimpse of how the user-interface will work and how pages will be rendered.

okiwi.png

Currently you can't view web pages on it, but it does come with an example already pre-loaded. Less web and more browsing. However as it stands OKIWI looks to be the start of a very impressive piece of DS homebrew.

To run OKIWI you must first patch the binary with your flash card's DLDI patch. Then place the folder 'Okiwi' in the root of your card, it will not run if placed anywhere else.

Thanks to the users who submitted this news tip!

download.gif
Download

icon11.gif
Source

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm genuinely looking forward to this. I think I'll hold off on downloading, though, until it supports the viewing of external sites.
wink.gif

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well, last week people were still shouting "I call fake!" - now it looks like there may actually be a release soon. Cool. And it uses virtual ram(uses the memory card), doesn't it? So no need for a ram pack

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
well, last week people were still shouting "I call fake!" - now it looks like there may actually be a release soon.
It was the other browser, Gnirfleo, that everyone thinks is fake.

mr_blonde_88: this demo won't need a RAM pack becuase it can't actually load webpages, it displays a single sample site. So we'll have to wait and see if the final release will need RAM or not (my guess is yes it will).

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The final version most likely won't use RAM and use virtual memory. Writing to and from your NAND/SD/Mini SD/SMicro SD/CF flash memory is our only option. If so, I got to go pick up a 2GB micro SD for my M3 DS Simply.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The author of Okiwi said it wouldn't need ram. Or was that just gnirfleo? I can't remember if it was both or not...

Anyways, I got the thing to load, but none of the buttons work. Are any supposed to do anything? On the Okiwi website it said that a couple of buttons (zoom and url entry) worked. Nothing happens when I tap them...

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the whole reason this was developed was because the creator didnt like the nintendo made browser so he created his own i doubt hed make it need a ram pack i belive its like gnirfleo which doesnt need a ram pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...