Know Your Temps: Kyoji

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's time for another round of Know Your Temps! The Temp being questioned during this session is Kyoji!

For those of you that are new to the game, here are the rules:

---> One user will be put on the questioning stand every two days. Users may sign-up/volunteer for each weekly spot [but more on that later].

---> Once that user's week of questioning starts anybody can ask that user any 3 questions they want via posting on the thread. These questions can be about anything. Personal life, GBATemp/internet life, pet peeves, musical tastes, "what if" situations... ANYTHING! (Please post all 3 of your questions at once, in one solid post)

---> Upon receiving questions, the user that is in the spotlight can answer them at anytime, as long as it's before their week is up.

This quirky little activity will help us get to know our fellow Tempers even better in an exciting, chaotic manner!

Kyoji's session begins 3-4-07 and ends the night of 3-5-07.

Temps On Deck:
[3-6-07 to 3-7-07] >>> tshu
[3-8-07 to 3-9-07] >>> iza
[3-10-07 to 3-11-07] >>> dafatkid27
[3-12-07 to 3-13-07] >>> Qrayzie
[3-14-07 to 3-15-07] >>> ShadowXP
[3-16-07 to 3-17-07] >>> 754boy
[3-18-07 to 3-19-07] >>> Qpido
[3-20-07 to 3-21-07] >>> juggernaut911
[3-22-07 to 3-23-07] >>> mthrnite
[3-24-07 to 3-25-07] >>> bobitos
[3-26-07 to 3-27-07] >>> Orc
[3-28-07 to 3-29-07] >>> Gaisuto
[3-30-07 to 3-31-07] >>> AshuraZero
[4-1-07 to 4-2-07] >>> shadowboy
[4-3-07 to 4-4-07] >>> rambozotheclown
[4-5-07 to 4-6-07] >>> OSW
[4-7-07 to 4-8-07] >>> Opium
[4-9-07 to 4-10-07] >>> DarkRamza
[4-11-07 to 4-12-07] >>> nloding
[4-13-07 to 4-14-07] >>> \/\/oltz

Past Know Your Temps Sessions:
>>> Mortenga
>>> .TakaM
>>> The Last Spartan
>>> Gamerman1723
>>> [M]artin

PM me ( link ) if you're interested in being featured on an upcoming session of Know Your Temps.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
1. How often do you actually fly a kite in real life?
2. Can lighthouses really fly through the air on a floating island?
3. Hi?

TPi

One Tired Raccoon
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What if you were elected as supreme leader of a foreign territory and you knew nothing of their culture and lifestyle. All of your judgments and ideas of what was normal were drawn from your own past and you ignored the history and interests of your new people. You would be treated well, and have all the benefits and power of being a king-like figure, but you're unsure if you are the right one to be in charge. Do you give up your position to someone else who you feel is more suitable, continue with your work and hope that with this knowledge you can make sure that they do not make the same mistakes that you have seen other societies make, continue as an all-powerful ruthless dictator, or what?

What are your thoughts on fire - Do you like burning things, seeing what will burn/melt, or is it too destructive for your tastes?

What would you say has most influenced you artisticly?

(Optional bonus question: Would you ever consider ghostridin' the whip?)

ps: sup kyoji
pps: holy fuck did i miss your birthday omg
wub.gif

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
1. How often do you actually fly a kite in real life?
2. Can lighthouses really fly through the air on a floating island?
3. Hi?

1. I think I flew a kite in the 4th grade once. It was this suck plastic kite though, had some picture of this T-Rex riding a jeep on it. Well actually, that sounds pretty hardcore.

2. They can. Exceedingly bright lighthouses have been known to lift several inches; it would take a light house that could light literally hundreds of miles in any given direction to actually fly.

3. Hey, i like your hat
wub.gif

QUOTE said:
1. Why did you choose the name 'kyoji'?
2. Have you played Cave Story?
3. Insert question here.

4. A few years back Toonami was playing G Gundam, so I'd rush home after school and watch it. Every.Single.Day. I also joined my first forum at this time. During the registration it asked me for a username, and wafting from the TV in the family room I hear: "KYOOOOOOOJIIIIIIII". I figured that was as good a name as any, so it stuck.

5. Yes, I have. I got to the last level then just stopped for no reason. It's by far the best indie game ever made, and really high up there on my list of platformers. Not to mention how wonderful the art is. And yes, my lighthouse sig is HEAVILY inspired by the sky-dragon sequence in Cave Story. It just had such an awesome feel to it...I wanted to see if I could duplicate it.

6. Insert answer here.

QUOTE said:
What if you were elected as supreme leader of a foreign territory and you knew nothing of their culture and lifestyle. All of your judgments and ideas of what was normal were drawn from your own past and you ignored the history and interests of your new people. You would be treated well, and have all the benefits and power of being a king-like figure, but you're unsure if you are the right one to be in charge. Do you give up your position to someone else who you feel is more suitable, continue with your work and hope that with this knowledge you can make sure that they do not make the same mistakes that you have seen other societies make, continue as an all-powerful ruthless dictator, or what?

What are your thoughts on fire - Do you like burning things, seeing what will burn/melt, or is it too destructive for your tastes?

What would you say has most influenced you artisticly?

(Optional bonus question: Would you ever consider ghostridin' the whip?)

ps: sup kyoji
pps: holy fuck did i miss your birthday omg wub.gif

7. This depends on if I would be given time in office to observe the officials in command under me. If this is the case, then I would try to find who I thought was a fair and intelligent leader, then promote him to my position. If I don't know anything about a people, and refuse to learn anything about them, then I cannot be a successful leader. I think that if I were to continue, and do my best to lead them, it would just blow up in my face. It's like piloting a 747 with absolutely no idea how thing works beyond up is up and down is down; its just a wreck waiting to happen. I would question the motives and intelligence of the people of the territory for electing basically a stupid foreigner to run their country, but this doesn't mean they don't deserve good leadership. I could never be a dictator.

8. I love to burn things
biggrin.gif
I'm a very curious person when it comes to stuff like this. I don't do it so much anymore, but when I was in middle school I use to blow crap up all the time. I'm surprised I still have all my fingers and eyes.

9. Thats a tough question. I guess anime and Japanese culture, mainly their advertisements and obsession with cute and fun things. Some people take their art very seriously, and thats ok--like Myke, for instance. I like to have a bit more fun with what I make, I also like to learn new things while making them, which is why the majority of my recent signatures have been in flash, and radically different from each other. Music heavily influences what I make, I get really tuned into the mood of different songs when I'm art-ing, for some reason.

BONUS: i'm ghost ridin' the whip right now

Sup TPi
I miss my birthday too
frown.gif

QUOTEMississippi is a hard word. Can you spell it?
10. I'm pretty sure... not something I'm too concerned about on a daily basis, anyhow.

yes.. why is your question Kyoji? unsure.gif
???.
wtf.gif

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!) If Pikachu was real, which would you probably do?:

A- Catch him and make him your personal rat-slave.
B- See what Pikachu-Bacon tastes like.
Q- Try Ghost Ridin' his face.

@) Can I come to your base later so we can make S'more's?

#) Do you think Jebus is more of the Hippie type he's usually made out to be or an "I'll-Smite-Your-Head-Off" kind of dude?

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Do you have a significant other, are you similar to them or opposite from them or somewhere in the middle?
2. Didja get anything cool for your birthday?
3. What is art? It's a complex question, but please answer simply.

Thank you!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Do you like marmite (what, it's an important thing to know
biggrin.gif
)
2. Can you drive? If so what do you drive, or if not then what's the minimum safest distance a pedestrian and other motorists should theoretically be at whilst you are first behind the wheel?
3. What's your favourite time of day and why?

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
What made you come to/join GBAtemp?

What's been your worst gaming experience?

How about your best?

11. I used to visit (and spam :\) a graphics website named "D31" about 4-5 years ago. The website went down so my bud Zarcon told me about this place, and here I am. That was back wehn testing=graphics. Good times. I still say about 500 posts should be added to my post count from that time
tongue.gif
Ah well.

12. That stupid Gundam game on the Dreamcast...I downloaded it and was ready to have an awesome time when it decided to suck. So frustrating..ugh.

13. Probably WoW. I've spent many hours in that game, and something about it keeps me satisfied. This is a pretty vague question though, so for a more accurate answer I need some perimeters.

QUOTE said:
!) If Pikachu was real, which would you probably do?:

A- Catch him and make him your personal rat-slave.
B- See what Pikachu-Bacon tastes like.
Q- Try Ghost Ridin' his face.[/b]

@) Can I come to your base later so we can make S'more's?

#) Do you think Jebus is more of the Hippie type he's usually made out to be or an "I'll-Smite-Your-Head-Off" kind of dude?

14. Definetly Q

15. Absolutely, and we can watch that stupid S'mores cereal commercial all night, too.

16. Mix of both. Loving, but just.

QUOTE said:
Why is the earth round?
Why is the moon grey?
Why is the sky blue?

17. The gravity created by Earth's mass forms it into a spheroid

18. Because the color of the sand on the moon is grey.

19. Our atmosphere only reflects blue visible light, all other pass through unseen.

QUOTE1. Do you have a significant other, are you similar to them or opposite from them or somewhere in the middle?
2. Didja get anything cool for your birthday?
3. What is art? It's a complex question, but please answer simply.

20. I did, but then we graduated high school and went to different colleges. We weren't similar on the surface, we liked different music, dressed differently, but we agreed on many, many things much more important than what type of food you like.

21. I got money, and cards from an awesome family, so I'd say thats pretty cool.

22. Ah, I love this question. Art is a stylized form of communication that relays a significant message to its audience.

1. Do you like marmite (what, it's an important thing to know biggrin.gif)
2. Can you drive? If so what do you drive, or if not then what's the minimum safest distance a pedestrian and other motorists should theoretically be at whilst you are first behind the wheel?
3. What's your favourite time of day and why?

23. I've never tried it, actually.

24. I can. I drive a Hyndai Elantra, 03'.

25. My favorite time of day is twilight. Because shadows become less defined, and all the lights start to shine real bright in contrast to the sky. I love the reflections lights cast on the lake behind my house, and how cars tail lights have a sort of red halo around them. I also like bright, sunny days with a breeze or right before a storm hits, when the sky is black and ominous, and there are terribly wonderful gusts all around.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Where do you see yourself in 5 years time, compared with now?
26. This is such a hard question to answer. I hope to either have a good job at a design firm, or be in graduate school working toward my masters..depends on how many years I decide to spend toward my bachelors. I hope some things don;t change..like my love affair with the internet
laugh.gif

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
1. What are you? I certainly hope that you're not a 43 year old dude instead of a 16 year old girl you claim to be, cuz I don't roll that way.
wtf.gif

2. Do you watch Dr.Phil?
3. Very nice, how much?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. What is your favourite colour?
2. 19 eh? Same. Are you in college/Uni? If so, what for?
3. But where is doctor wiley?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over