Know Your Temps: .TakaM

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's time for another round of Know Your Temps! The Temp being questioned during this session is .TakaM!

For those of you that are new to the game, here are the rules:

---> One user will be put on the questioning stand every two days. Users may sign-up/volunteer for each weekly spot [but more on that later].

---> Once that user's week of questioning starts anybody can ask that user any 3 questions they want via posting on the thread. These questions can be about anything. Personal life, GBATemp/internet life, pet peeves, musical tastes, "what if" situations... ANYTHING! (Please post all 3 of your questions at once, in one solid post)

---> Upon receiving questions, the user that is in the spotlight can answer them at anytime, as long as it's before their week is up.

This quirky little activity will help us get to know our fellow Tempers even better in an exciting, chaotic manner!

.TakaM's session begins 2-28-07 and ends the night of 3-1-07.

Temps On Deck:
[3-2-07 to 3-3-07] >>> Mortenga
[3-4-07 to 3-5-07] >>> Kyoji
[3-6-07 to 3-7-07] >>> tshu
[3-8-07 to 3-9-07] >>> iza
[3-10-07 to 3-11-07] >>> dafatkid27
[3-12-07 to 3-13-07] >>> Qrayzie
[3-14-07 to 3-15-07] >>> ShadowXP
[3-16-07 to 3-17-07] >>> 754boy
[3-18-07 to 3-19-07] >>> Qpido
[3-20-07 to 3-21-07] >>> juggernaut911
[3-22-07 to 3-23-07] >>> mthrnite
[3-24-07 to 3-25-07] >>> bobitos
[3-26-07 to 3-27-07] >>> Orc
[3-28-07 to 3-29-07] >>> Gaisuto

Past Know Your Temps Sessions:
>>> The Last Spartan
>>> Gamerman1723
>>> [M]artin

PM me ( link ) if you're interested in being featured on an upcoming session of Know Your Temps.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, never knew about this wee little thing but what the hell, I've got a question or two.

You're working on the game of yours. Twinsen I think it was called? I gotta admit I haven't gotten around to trying it. Promise I'll do that tomorrow! Anyways, on with the questions.

1. How long had you been thinking about the game idea BEFORE starting it?

2. How long ago did you start it?

Well, that takes care of anything topical. I guess I'll toss out a generic one for the hell of it.

3. What is your favourite game and why?

That one is just because I've missed plenty of good games and am always looking for more to add to my list of games to get around to.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Time for the cross examinatin, Mr. Wright! Will you question the witness?"

"Yes, your honor."

"So, Mr. .TakaM, lets start. On a scale of one to ten, how tastey do you think human blood is?"

"Nuber 2, what type of car do you most wish you owned?"

"And number 3, do you fear death?"

"The prosecution has no more questions, your honor."

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
1) How many fingers do you use while typing?
I use all ten

2) What is your favorite color of food?
favourite colour.. at the moment it would be green (vegetables)

3) Your profile says you are in New Zealand. What happened to Old Zealand?
old zealand (usually referred to as "beta zealand") had various glitches and bugs, new version came out and fixed those problems, thats all

4) How much do you love clouds?
I was thinking about replying with some analogy or metaphor, but nah.. I really do love clouds, mostly from an artistic point.
the sky always has some good designs

5) How long had you been thinking about the game idea BEFORE starting it?
about a year ago I just felt like there were no quality games, so I replayed yoshis island, super metroid, link to the past, seiken densetsu 3, cave story, LBA1 and 2.
And once I was done playing and replaying those games, I was left with lots of good ideas that I just kept polishing in my head until I thought I had enough of it planned out, made a ton of graphics I'd need for a demo and found a good coder.. I spent around 6 months going over my ideas before making it a reality pretty much

6) How long ago did you start it?
started around may last year

7) What is your favourite game and why?
I have quite a few for each genre.. but to pick one.. would be super metroid.
such a well built game, you can play it in any way you want if you're good enough, such a perfect engine, perfect gameplay, excellent level design, enemies, music.. and it has a few glitches that actually help the game, most of them are quite hard to do but are worth the effort in select cases.
A timeless game that will always be a classic

8) On a scale of one to ten, how tastey do you think human blood is?

I'd say around a 3. my leg was bleeding a few days ago and I couldn't be bothered to get some tissues, so I just licked the blood off my hand

9) what type of car do you most wish you owned?
I'm not really that interested in cars, infact I'm 18 and I haven't even started thinking about my license
tongue.gif
But I've always been a fan of that 70's show and always thought the vista cruiser ruled

10) do you fear death?
tough question, I actually started several different sentences but I can sum them all up with "not really"

11) When doing your fantastic pixel art, do you do everything on the pixel level, or do you work big, then scale down and correct?

nope
wink2.gif
, there are a few times where I'd sketch a tree down on paper, then scan it and pixel over it on another layer, but other than that I always just start off with the pixel art approach and follow through till I'm done

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
1. is there a site for ur pixel art and do u do requests
unsure.gif

2.south or north island
3.what do u mainly use ur flashcart 4(movies,music,homebrew,etc)

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
12) is there a site for your pixel art and do u do requests?
I do have a website:
http://takam.wordpress.com/
and I don't really do requests anymore, mostly commissioned work

13) south or north island?
south island, Christchurch
wink.gif

14) what do u mainly use your flashcart for? (movies,music,homebrew,etc)
I'd say it's about even, I play a few roms, there isn't much homebrew Im very interested in, but there are a few that I play a lot, and I do watch a lot of movies on my R4, more than I expected I would, Ive converted a lot of movies and TV episodes I have.. which I have around 300GB's lol

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
ohhhhh. i wanted like a spartan stabbing a elite(and the spartan look like a master chief combined with a greek spartan) and the elite looked an elite combined with a helot(spartan slave)

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) Have you ever dreamt of pixels?

2) Have you made a pixel version of yourself?

3) Live 10 years longer (without aging physically) or owning a talking dog (multilanguage
biggrin.gif
)?

4) If you were a gamesprite, which one would it be?

5) Horror or Sci Fi?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
15) Have you ever dreamt of pixels?
not that I recall, I think Ive had a few dreams of my twinsen game, though nothing worth writing down

16) Have you made a pixel version of yourself?
I have two actually, this first one is around 18 months old:
me5xz.gif

and this ones about 6 months old:
mehg8.png

17) Live 10 years longer (without aging physically) or owning a talking dog (multi language)?
I assume, which would I choose? I'd choose the dog I think, probably a decision I would regret once I get older, but at this point I look forward to the years ahead of me

18) If you were a gamesprite, which one would it be?
lol... I really have no idea

19) Horror or Sci Fi?
sci fi. Ive never really been a fan of horror, and Im still a little interested in LOST

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
1. Have you been to Australia before? (seeing as how we're neighbours
smile.gif
)
2. How many commissions do you normally get for your pixelart?
3. What's your favourite thing to do on a Sunday?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
20) Have you been to Australia before? (seeing as how we're neighbours
smile.gif
)

Yah, I've been to Sydney a few years ago with my family, I wouldn't mind going again either

21) How many commissions do you normally get for your pixelart?
I normally get 1 or 2 offers each week, it can fluctuate a lot though

22) What's your favourite thing to do on a Sunday?
sleep in and walk the dog

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Q:What are some of the commissions you ahve done, any big things, Links?

Q:how does one do pixel art, im interested, pixel by pixel in something like photoshop, maybe an explanition of the process?

Q:I have been thinking about getting a GBAtemp crew together for a while to make a game (maybe homebrew) what are your thought about this, intertested in a DS collaboration?

Q:Only 18 huh, are you studying or just living off freelance pixel art?

Q:On average how long would it take to make some of your work, lets say your avatar for example.

thats about all, i really love your work man.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
23) What are some of the commissions you ahve done, any big things, Links?
http://zombiesmash.com/ (made some background layers for the game, and will probably do some sprites in the future) (currently down while he reads up on a new programming language)
http://www.maelstromwow.com/ (made most of the website graphics)
I did the tile work for a PDA game called 'gloop zero'
lots of small jobs for various indie games that I haven't really kept track of, and I don't think any of them have really amounted to anything yet
and at the moment I'm discussing a complete graphical overhaul for http://fantasaar.com/ 's mmorpgs

nothing big like square enix emailing me tho
tongue.gif

24) how does one do pixel art, im interested, pixel by pixel in something like photoshop, maybe an explanition of the process?
well... first you need a program that allows you full control over each specific pixel, photoshop works pretty good for pixel art.
It's a bit hard to sum up the explanation, but its basically doing absolutely everything manually, no blur tools, you rarely even use the line tool.

25) I have been thinking about getting a GBAtemp crew together for a while to make a game (maybe homebrew) what are your thought about this, intertested in a DS collaboration?yah, it sounds good. There are very few quality homebrew games, and I think most Tempers know what it takes for a game to be good.
so yah, I am interested, just not sure if I could make a full commitment though.

26) Only 18 huh, are you studying or just living off freelance pixel art?
yeah, just living off freelance pixel art, I can't think of a better way to make money
smile.gif

27) On average how long would it take to make some of your work, lets say your avatar for example.
my avatar.. combining the tiles and sprites you can see, I'd say around 12 hours work
it varies a lot though for each piece... just about anything takes atleast 20-30 mins

thats about all, i really love your work man.
thanks
smile.gif

btw, Ive updated my WikiTemp page:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/.TakaM
might answer a few questions
nyanya.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've been wanting to have a full-body pixel version of myself for some time now.

Here's some questions though:
For a kinda-thin 4'11" girl;
1) How long would it take?
2) How much would it cost?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been wanting to have a full-body pixel version of myself for some time now.

Here's some questions though:
For a kinda-thin 4'11" girl;
28) How long would it take?

lol... maybe... a month or so

29) How much would it cost?
depends how good you look
wink.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
30) What was the very, very, very first piece of pixel art you ever did (and do you still have it to show us?
happy.gif
)
31) Are you sick of answering questions about pixel art yet?
happy.gif

32) You said you don't drive, so train, bus, bike, fly or bum a lift off a friend?

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
30) What was the very, very, very first piece of pixel art you ever did (and do you still have it to show us?
happy.gif
)

I've lost the first sprites I did (they were some RPG sprites of vash (they werent completely awful either)) I do however have the first pixel art I ever did though:
firstzp0.gif

and a few months ago I was improving it out of boredom:
redoingto1.gif

I didn't finish though
tongue.gif

31) Are you sick of answering questions about pixel art yet?
happy.gif

not really
tongue.gif

32) You said you don't drive, so train, bus, bike, fly or bum a lift off a friend?
I used to have a bike, and I used it quite a lot, until it got stolen. Now I actually walk quite a lot, pretty much every time I need to go anywhere by myself I'll just walk there, but I'll get a ride pretty much everytime I'm going to hang out with my friends or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...