Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

Wiinja now supports D2B chipsets

With improved read method

The Wiinja team have just contacted us to let us know that the Wiinja now supports Wii consoles that come with the GC2-D2B chipset. They also claim to have improved the read method, which means there should be less Disc Read Errors on low quality media.
These updates come with the Wiinja batch from February 13th.

c10.gif
Update: for those who unfortunately have a D2B chip and have acquired a Wiinja, the Wiinja team will replace older Wiinja modchips (units from early batches) with a newer one, under two conditions: 1) the Wiinja you are sending back must be perfectly intact, 2) you need to send the invoice that you received from your retailer. Those interested should contact the Wiinja team using this email address: [email protected].

icon11.gif
Read our review of the Wiinja here.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It pretty fair of them to replace the chip for free. Just a shame you'll have to open up you wii again and desolder the wires. Its just a shame they never released a flasher for it so you could update your chip yourself. Or even better you could update the firmware via disc. Thats the only thing that is a let down on the Wiinja not being able to update the firmware.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Cool. I should probably still wait a couple of months, I just got my Wii and I want to be able to get it fixed if anything goes wrong.

Dwaalspoor98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
They also claim to have improved the read method, which means there should be less Disc Read Errors on low quality media.

So you're really f*ck*d when you bought the first batch...

Yes they were the first with a modchip, but what a piece of sh*t if you read this!! You just pay for their beta products..

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It pretty fair of them to replace the chip for free. Just a shame you'll have to open up you wii again and desolder the wires.

hmmm if you bought a Wiinja and noticed you had the wrong chip, it would be common sense to not solder it in at all, right? So anyone who is qualified for the trade in shouldn't have any removing problems.

I agree on the other shames, but then, everyone knew they were buying a first gen chip right?!?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No the fact is that the new Wiinja has less DREs which is actually a HUGE problem right now with these chips. So whether or not the old Wiinja works, everyone should be allowed to upgrade

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a first-gen Wiinja and haven't had a single DRE on my NTSC Wii. I've tested pretty much every North American release out there. I've heard more reports of DRE's on CycloWiz than Wiinja.

ChowMein

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't heard many complaints about DRE's actually. Most of the time it seems to be related to media used as opposed to the chip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1