TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Since I'll be working on skins during my free time, I felt it was best to just put all that I am working on in a single thread, so that it will be much easier to address any comments towards my little offerings. Yes, I'll be working on more. I hope you M3 DS Simply & R4 owners find these to your satisfaction!

RECENT CHANGES (05/02/07):
*Font colors changes have been applied.
*M&M's has a new "Choose" logo and removal of the brown bar from icons.
*Resident Evil has added transparencies, new "Choose" logo and a new bckgrd_1.
*Serenity skin scrapped
*Street Fighter has added transparencies.

RECENT CHANGES (02/01/07):
*NSMB's game background screens have been redone.
NOTE: Although the recent edition of eBook and its ability to be skinned seems tempting, I do not have any present plans into adding skins for those at this time.

RECENT CHANGES (01/28/07):
*Street Fighter's backgrounds have been changed yet again.

forkyfork

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome.

Can you explain how the last one (the mushroom one) works for the bottom screen. Where are the three places you're supposed to touch? Is it the 3 white circles? If so, can you make one in a similar style with 3 mushrooms?

The mario one is cool, too!

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That mushroom screen you are referring to is the lower Game Mode Screen, NOT the Icon Screen (that's the one with the coin/star/? block). When you install it, then you will see what I mean.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its just a shame you can't animate the screens. I can imaging the M&Ms rolling around the screen. Maybe they'll let you do it in the next firmware update.

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nice job man, all 3 look way better than the default skin, that's for sure.

Definitely looking forward to any other creations you come up with.
2, actually. 3rd one will arrive soon. Enjoy the skins!
cool.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
To install a skin, all you do is copy the _system_ directory straight onto the flash memory. That's it.

Also, I made some more changes and improvements to both skins. I'm busy trying to make more for now along with other tasks, so stay tuned and enjoy!

sickofyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice skins. i like the new super mario bros, can i make a request? how about legend of zelda with artworks of either minish cap or wind waker? for R4

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
nice skins. i like the new super mario bros, can i make a request? how about legend of zelda with artworks of either minish cap or wind waker? for R4

I'll look into it. I have 2-3 other skins that I'm trying to figure out at the moment, but Zelda would be simple. I'm looking for something challenging, like my latest skin: Street Fighter! The icons were a pain to search for.

EDIT: There seems to be several Zelda skins already, so I recommend searching the forums. I don't forsee myself making an effort towards doing one at the moment.

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
sickofyou:
Right now, I'm still figuring my current crop of skin projects. Each have hurdles to overcome significant to their own. No, I won't share what those themes are just yet, but there should be a new skin in a day or two. As for your Metal Gear request, to be honest, I've never been too big of a Metal Gear fan over the years from NES to even PlayStation 2. Don't get me wrong. I'm always open to new ideas, but I like to use themes I personally enjoy. It's a shame that a few people beat me to Zelda.

supo:
I don't have to, but then again, I have yet to find anything yet to put down there to fill the "void". That's what I call it. If you have any sound recommendations, then I'm open to hearing them.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
supo:
I don't have to, but then again, I have yet to find anything yet to put down there to fill the "void". That's what I call it. If you have any sound recommendations, then I'm open to hearing them.
How about having a version without the logos for people who would prefer the void? I'd rather have empty space than logos myself.

These skins are very nice BTW. Very professional looking. I'll bet you could make a great Pikmin skin.

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
New Skin: Resident Evil!

This was a pain in the ass skin to find art for, with all of the dark-shaded pieces out there. I couldn't find a spot to place the M3/R4 icons on this one to make it clean, so I decided what the heck. We can do without them this time. Also, I went back into the Street Fighter skin and pulled the brand icons as well. Are you two happy now, supo and destructobot? It would seem you two got your wish somewhat.
cool.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Firefly is the name of the show (sorry). Also, since I received a sizable amount of messages concerning the Serenity skin, it has been 100% redone. If you passed it up before, then you might want to take a second look.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.