Hacking GBA not 100%- Mario Pinball land

midget35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I noticed the latest loader readme boasts that GBA support is at 100%.

Unfortunately this is not true of Mario Pinball land.

The rom I tested with is the USA one, and checked with the latest no-intro dat.

Sometimes the game saves, but mostly when I go away and play another game, I come back to see the save is gone.

To be fair- I also have a EFA I cart which cannot save this game either, so there may be something unusual about the save type used here?

Does anyone know how I can go about reporting this issue to the G6 team?

Also- has anyone had issues with other gba games?

Regards

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I didnt even think that game saved
frown.gif

midget35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bullet007- I'd have thought the loader would patch the game before loading it, but it doesn't.

Does anyone knoe the details of the save type this game uses? Are there other games using this save type that are likely to suffer too?

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

midget35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh yeah! its been a long day! thanks for not flaming
smile.gif

EEPROM_V124.. nothing unusual here? Always a chance the dat is wrong, I guess, and that it is in fact a bad dump.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My EFA can't save that game either. One guy on the EFA forums claims to have patched it and that it keeps the save but I've tried several patches with no luck. His name is Spectral I think, maybe you can get more info out of him.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure I have. Unless I'm thinking of the time I was trying to get Super Mario 2 to work. Whatever, I'm not interested in the game anymore. Metroid Pinball seems cool though.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, this is one of the only games to have problems at all on EFA, the only other one I've had any issue with is the recently released Summon Night, which didn't save until I patched it - no suprises that it's also the EEPROM_V124 save type.

To patch these games you need the EEPROM_V124 patching tool (GBATA or FAT won't do anything).

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this worked fine on my x-rom. i had to patch it and im almost positive i rememmber where i got the patch. to bad i cant post the site here though...........
smile.gif

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I patched it with Dirtie's tool, will report back whether it keeps the save. On EFA it would keep the save for a very short period, like a couple hours, then it would disappear. And sometimes it just wouldn't even keep it at all.

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To patch these games you need the EEPROM_V124 patching tool (GBATA or FAT won't do anything).

GBATA supports EEPROM_V124 (been a long time now). Even V125 and V126 wich are the newest save type introduced are supported by GBATA (very few apps support those)

As for Mario Pinball, don't forget it has a weird ingame save system. I don't remember the system exactly but i know it's not really userfriendly and bound to cause frustration. From what i remember, i think you can only save during the game, and after loading this save, it disapear, so if you loose your lifes, you're screwed, it's back to the beginning (Kinda a one use save state). Correct me anyone if i'm wrong, haven't played this game in a long time.

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you're correct, the saving in Mario Pinball is stupid, if you turn the game off with out saving first you lose your save and you have to start the game from the beginning. So just don't forget to save before you switch it off.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember that rom needs to be patched to even start up. I have a version that works on my EFA but haven't tried it on the G6.

midget35

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how i can report this issue to the g6 team? Maybe they can fix this particular save type for the next release.

Because there could be more games out there / coming out with these problems, I think we're better off with one wholesale fix that individual patches.

Anyone got their email?

Thanks

tolax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having problems with battle B'dman and racing gears advance.

All other gba work fine. Anybody get these to work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse