Hacking Charger cord "protection" while flashing

Falkentyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let you know,
Keeping the charger plugged in while flashing (or just using) a DS lite does not give any extra protection (besides stopping the battery from draining). I removed my battery while my DS was running for a test, and it shut off immediately. The charger is **not** an AC Adapter, so the guides should definitely be updated.

The ONLY way to make sure a DSL doesn't shut off is 1) don't short the hidden exposed metal around the side gaps of the plastic around the slot going to SL1, 2) hold the battery in with your fingers.

The charger will not help you.

(who knows if a regular DS is different or not...)

danipsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tryed on a regular ds
you have to turn it on with a battery
but if you take it out when its already turned on it will keep working from the charger

Falkentyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tryed on a regular ds
you have to turn it on with a battery
but if you take it out when its already turned on it will keep working from the charger

I wish I had a regular DS to test that on, but I don't doubt it works.
Isn't the Lite charger completely different from the DS charger, though?
I remember reading that you could even use a GBA SP charger on the old DS....

My Lite turned off when I removed the battery, though, with the charger attached -.-
And then it was nice enough to delete all my settings (oddly enough, my alarm clock and my GBA screen settings were still there but I had to enter my name, BD, etc all over again....)

Falkentyne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when i flashed mine i used tape, along with my fingers, to keep the battery in, but that's beside the point.

What I meant above is that "i don't doubt that the regular DS+DS charger keeps the power on" (in other words it's an AC adapter), but I can't make that work with my lite
frown.gif
I just tried it again, and the lite stayed on for about 8 seconds, then it suddenly shut off -.-

It would be nice if there were a true AC option for the Lite, so you can save raping the battery like that when you're home....

*edit* funny that the manual *says* that the charger is an AC Adapter....but true AC adapters SHOULD function without a battery connected, am I right?

How long did your old DS function with the battery removed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1