Status
Not open for further replies.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
]Is there any chance that we can get a button on the main page so to allow members to donate to the relief efforts for the people of Japan.

I know the site has a few members who live there and I think for all the country has given us gamers over the years it is only right we try to support them in there darkest days. I have not suggested who I think the donations should go to as I think that that is the decision of the site admins.

Edit: A video to show how bad this thing was.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRDpTEjumdo[/youtube]

Marlonguppy

Trophies
Website
artoftrolling.memebase.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Auyx said:
Is there any chance that we can get a button on the main page so to allow members to donate to the relief efforts for the people of Japan.

I know the site has a few members who live there and I think for all the country has given us gamers over the years it is only right we try to support them in there darkest days. I have not suggested who I think the donations should go to as I think that that is the decision of the site admins.
Good idea!
That is a good idea, maybe I will send money too, then.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkmystery said:
No, it's a gaming site. If people want to donate, they will. It's on the news, like, everywhere. An annoying frontpage donate button won't change a thing.

It doesnt have to be annoying, just a simple button. I know its everywhere but some times things like this need to be.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Auyx said:
Darkmystery said:
No, it's a gaming site. If people want to donate, they will. It's on the news, like, everywhere. An annoying frontpage donate button won't change a thing.

It doesnt have to be annoying, just a simple button. I know its everywhere but some times things like this need to be.
no. i think it will be a hassle for the mods, supers and admins. and i heard there are already a group of gamers who will donate for japan, and many other sites.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I like the idea, it would be nice of the Temp to do something like that.

I think so, as well. I don't see why having a donate button would be such a big problem if there are tens of thousands, if not more who need help right now.
It'd be nice for the temp to help out any way they can.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Darkmystery said:
Annoying? It's annoying to want to donate and help people?
Wow, so this site only has to pertain to gaming? Japan is the same country that gives us a good numbers of our video games, how's that for pertaining to gaming? This site needs to help for once instead of being a site where lazy pirates come to chat. For once the Temp needs to do something good instead of just advocating video game piracy.

The Phantom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's just too many disasters to keep track of. I wish the Japanese luck but I just don't have money to give away. With our government printing trillions of dollars my dollar is only worth 75 cents. Basically I have donation fatigue. Who here has cash laying around that they can afford to give away? I suppose if there's enough people then it could be justified.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most people on the temp are pretty young, or students. So I don't think a lot will be donated.
Also, you can just donate to some official fund instead of on the temp.

So, I'd say no. I like the gesture, but no.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I also think this would be a good idea. Not everywhere, just a button on the homepage, somehwhere in this area:
Donate%20to%20Japan%20Button.png

Doesn't have to be a gbatemp specific fund, just link it to some official one.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
why not? i's only temporary, obviously not quite that big but you kinda need to see it, and, like i said:

QUOTE said:

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wizzerzak said:
I also think this would be a good idea. Not everywhere, just a button on the homepage, somehwhere in this area:
Donate%20to%20Japan%20Button.png

It should link to a forum topic where the best option for each country is displayed.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Tempers, all of us here at GBAtemp are saddened to see the devastation in Japan and in places around the Pacific. We absolutely sympathize with the plight of people affected by these disasters.
But in these times when scammers pose as charities by the dozens I don't feel it would be wise to donate to any charity without researching it thoroughly.
I would suggest that if any of you are able to wish to donate money to a relief fund, you go directly to the Red Cross/Red Crescent website and donate there, rather than trust a button on any random forum you happen to be a member of.

http://www.redcross.org/

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sausage Head said:
^ fuck no.
You know Sausage head, I have lost all respect for you and most of the Temp.
There aren't just kids and students on the temp and not everyone is so poor that they can't even donate a 1$ to the very same country that now needs it. The fact that people are so against something as simple as donating. How pathetic are you guys?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Catboy, don't get us wrong. most of us are not against donating to a very worthy cause.
We're against GBAtemp being a middleman in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: