Cat with da Big Paws!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The price for Nintendo 3ds has been revealed for the US. It will be $250 and comes out the 27th of March. This is CONFERMED! It will come out in cosmo black and aqua blue. So which color are you getting and which game will you get first? Im getting blue and Street fighters. Pre order it while you can!
Source
31621zk.jpg

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like I said earlier today during the conference to some friends, I'll wait for the 3DSi XL Lite HD to come out. $250's also way too much for me to spend on a portable game system.

I like to give new systems a couple of years on the market for price drops/revisions/a solid list of decent games.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fixed
i am going to buy it for the following reason
im an uber ninty fan boy who has played all the major classics
a graphical upgrade is awesome
even if i dont use the 3d
and if homebrew is ever on it, a n64 emu will surly be on it since it is obvious it could handle it
and it even has enough buttons

leeday100196

GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and EVEN THOUGH america has a weaker dollar than the australians, they still get it cheaper. WHAT GIVES! i might as well buy one from america just to save money! (sorry bladexdsl if it sounds like i stole your idea, but you're right) they get it for $250, we'll get it for $350 and that's where they make their money in australia. off SCAMMING people!

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigpaws said:
fixed
i am going to buy it for the following reason
im an uber ninty fan boy who has played all the major classics
a graphical upgrade is awesome
even if i dont use the 3d
as\nd if homebrew is ever on it, a n64 emu will surly be on it since it is obvious it could handle it
and it even has enough buttons
more than enough buttons boy! they have 2 control sticks/pads for gods sake! what more could you want!

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
I see people wanting to wait to get a later revision because of multiple reasons, but for those who do so because of the $250 price tag, you do know that if they do make later revisions, it'll go the same way the DS did with being even pricier, right?
I'm glad someone understands this logic. Seriously, if people are waiting for a revision, I understand. But if people are waiting for a price drop, they better keep waiting forever. If anything, the next revision will release at the same price of the launch model, with new hardware improvements. Those waiting for a hackable version, might end up wishing they bought a launch model, since those are what hackers have to start with.

$250 is a good value, since the PSP launched in the US in March 2005 at the same price. The 3DS clearly offers more technology, and when you calculate inflation on the PSP's price, it would retail for around $280 now. Of coarse technology is advancing at a rapid rate, but factor in that the 3DS is the first handheld gaming system to offer "glasses-free" 3D, and a higher price-point is to be expected.

I'm only curious to see how the 3DS sells. Most of the Nintendo handhelds (namely the DS models) I sell at my work, are to parents buying for their kids. I think most frugal parents will opt for older models of the DS that are cheaper, before tossing a $250 dream into the hands of a careless child.

leeday100196

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
ohnoes.png
look at the game prices!!! link
oh thats still better than the australian versions... WE'RE PAYING $69 AND UP FOR GOOD GAMES! I REST MY CASE ABOUT THESE MONEY-GRABBING GREEDYGUTSES! sorry im not angry anymore, just a little envious of you americans and your cheap games...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI