Hacking Firmware Updater 4.3b

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a bug in Firmware Updater 4.3 when patching the System Menu from USA and JAP firmwares, so the homebrew channels get removed after the update. Firmware Updater 4.3b fixes the bug so USA and JAP users can use it now with no worries.

If you are a PAL user and you already used Firmware Updater 4.3 you do NOT have to use this one.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XF0N0157

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
1) what other patches does this apply to the system menu ? only "HBC anti-removal" patch ?

2) do you patch IOS80 as well (trucha bug restore) and have this been tested (i.e are you sure that old IOS patches work on new IOS) ?

thanks

waninkoko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jacobeian said:
1) what other patches does this apply to the system menu ? only "HBC anti-removal" patch ?

2) do you patch IOS80 as well (trucha bug restore) and have this been tested (i.e are you sure that old IOS patches work on new IOS) ?

thanks

1) Blocks disc/online updates.
2) IOS80 is patched too (and the patch works).

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
waninkoko said:
Jacobeian said:

ok, does this mean that it won't be possible to update from this 4.3 to a later system menu (in the future I mean) ? Or does it only patch automatic update checks and it's still possible to force an official update via the Wii settings ?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a PAL user but just a Q... What if a U/J user already updated with the old one, do they just use this version again (using Indy PWNS/Smash Stack)?

Or would they have to install the HBC v1.0.6 (using PWNS/Stack) and then without rebooting run this version?

Or restore a NAND backup?

Or wait for a new HackMii installer?

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks Wanin, hablo español.

Sort of mistake what happened before, but you´ve been working a lot to give us good things.

Really, thank you very much, and we all do mistakes, no exception.

; )

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
waninkoko said:
Jacobeian said:

thanks

2) IOS80 is patched too (and the patch works).

Great work Wanin as usual. Your hard work is appreciated. Your the best. Thanks!

thehritzinator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First of all, Wanin, Great Work =]
Second of all, can sumone tell me which wads to get for the offline installation?
My wii isnt connected to the internet, so i need wads. Which ones do i need?

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm guessing this updater patches the SM and IOS80 so doing it offline you'd have to patch them yourself first before installing them. If you got official ones (maybe NUS Downloader v1.3b can still get them?) you'd lose the HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...