Hacking Which HDD Backup Loader and WBSF Manager?

Backup Managers

• USB loader GX

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Configurable USB loader

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiiflow

• Other (Please mention in Post)

• Total voters

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys

I have a 250GB HDD on which I want to load my backup Wii games in ISO format and play from it

Plz recommend which Backup Loader to use and which WBSF Manager to move the games to HDD??

The Backup Manager I have read a lot about are

USB loader GX
Configurable USB loader
Wiiflow

and WBFS Managers I have read are

WBFS Manager & Channel Creator
Wii Backup Manager
Wii Game Manager

Please recommend best combo right now... and any guides on using them if possible??

piola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Configurable usb loader (more stable) + hermes cios + fat (or nfts) drive. To add games use wii backup manager

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Define "best combo". It's mostly a matter of taste.

For loaders:
-USB loader GX has IMHO the nicest interface. However, it's not exactly bug-free (I still can't get iso forwarders working in it, to name one).
-USB loader CFG has my vote: lots of things to tweak, also a slick interface (though perhaps a bit stale) and as solid as a rock.
-not mentioned here, but uloader certainly has great potential. We all know the interface is terrible, but the games work and afaik it's the only loader that has native wiiware/VC loading AND emulated savegames & DLC built into it (right now, I use uloader for all my wiiware needs).

For game managers:
-WBFS manager and channel creator are IMO plain outdated. It's IMO the opinion for those who praise the phrase "if it works, don't even fucking THINK of ever changing anything". The manager doesn't support .wbfs or .ciso conversion, which leaves all the FAT32 users out in the cold (though in reality, it's exactly the opposite: if you don't want windows to ask you to format your drive everytime you plug in your USB device, you use FAT32...and not wbfs manager). The channels sure look nice. The fact that you can bannerbrick your wii with it isn't so bad if you know your stuff, but that won't change the fact that there are only 48 available channels (some of which are already used). Whereas if you use priiloader to boot straight into another loader, both the brick risk and the "channel" limit are gone.
-wii backup manager and wii game manager are pretty close in features. I haven't checked out ALL features both have to offer, but they're both intuitive to use, clean, and support all things you might need. wii backup manager just stands out just a bit more to me, but they're both great proggies to manage your games.

piola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i have to agree to wever, "best combo" doesn't exists....it is a personal choice depending on what you use in your wii

its

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Guys

I am currently experimenting with Configurable USB loader and Wii Backup Manager.. it really seems what people wants.. very tough to choose

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
As someone else has said, it comes down to personal preference. I prefer configurable usb loader.

I don't use any wbfs managers, no real need of them as I use a fat32 drive. wbfs_file to convert iso to wbfs and then just copy over to the /wbfs/ dir on the usb drive. Anything else seems like a waste of time.

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Same here: Wii Backup Manager (on 320 GB FAT32) and the "rock solid" Configurable USB Loader (222 dol).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Unless I'm just that good? But I honestly can't believe that for an instant