Hacking acekart savs delete themselves???

krazykracker1288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i recently bought an acekart 2.1 and its worked fine until i played yu gi oh 2010 and gta ctw. it only happens to these 2 roms. lets say i play gta for 4 hours, save and quit. if i come back and play gta a week later my game is fine. but if i say, go play any other rom and think hey i wanna play gta, i turn off whatever im playin to switch. when i reboot gta, my sav is still there but when i boot the rom it starts a new game on it own and overwrites my old save!!! this also happens with yu gi oh 2010, but all my other roms r fine. whats the deal here???

...ive tried enabling the backup codes but those dont fix anything...

krazykracker1288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoops sorry noob mistake
wacko.gif

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried formatting your micro sd, if you do make sure to make a backup of all the files on the micro sd.

I had the same problem on my AK2i with Pokemon HG/SS, I formatted the card and now it's fine.

krazykracker1288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used a panasonic formatter to format my card when i first got the acekard. i guess i can try reformatting though no point in backing up since my saves for the last week are already gone
cry.gif

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
krazykracker1288 said:
i used a panasonic formatter to format my card when i first got the acekard. i guess i can try reformatting though no point in backing up since my saves for the last week are already gone
cry.gif

Yeah I had to format twice, I used windows to format though, I don't like panasonic formatter.

krazykracker1288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm well i just used panasonic cuz i was goin off the instructions on the acekard wiki. i was switchin from r4 so im new to the card. i got scared when it happened cuz i read there was a defective batch of 2.1s, i thought i might have one
frown.gif

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had an issue where I would end up with a .sav and a .SAV...different save files.
And since this is unnatural for Windows systems, attempting to delete one often deleted the other (Windows gets mixed up)... so if this is happening to you, rename them 1.sav and 2.SAV, then delete the one you don't need, before renaming it to the correct extension.

Hope you understand this, if this is your problem.

krazykracker1288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank jesus!!! well ive reformatted the card so hopefully this works *crosses fingers* if not i guess ill just have to play games all the way through b4 starting new games until i figure this issue out

Posts merged

thank jesus!!! well ive reformatted the card so hopefully this works *crosses fingers* if not i guess ill just have to play games all the way through b4 starting new games until i figure this issue out

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
krazykracker1288 said:

Posts merged

I was paranoid about mine being fake too. I ordered mine form 1 of the recommended sites from AK so it's real. Good luck on your games, I hope it all works out for you now.

krazykracker1288

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well reformatting didnt work so i went in and fiddled with the system settings. i changed the sav ext option from .sav to .nds, .sav and it workded!!!
bow.gif
anyways thanks to all who provided feedback, greatly appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...