Hacking 4GB Kingston Taiwan problem.

the_skdster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I am having trouble with these cards. I have both the TTDS (real) and AceKard 2i. I just recently bought a few 4GB Kingston MicroSD made in Taiwan. I can get games to load like normal (fast) in the AK2i but games load slow as hell on the TTDS. I thought it was the DSTT giving problems but I tried in on FOUR other TT cards and the same problem.
I have tried reformatting using Windows and the Panasonic SD Format Tool and still no go. It still loads super slow on the TT cards (over 30secs) and load fast on the AK2i. My question is why does it work fast in the AK2i and not the TTDS?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Thank you.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just the way it is with these C04G SDHC cards and DSTT. Your only option is to replace the SD card.

A SD card is more complicated than just read/write speeds. There is some kind of compatibility issue when using them with a DSTT.

I know Twiztid is going to want to argue about this, but whatever.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered four 4gb Kingston Micro SD cards from Newegg - each card either hung or was terribly slow loading on the DSTT. I returned all four as defective. I then bought replacement cards from another source, which all work fine. There might be a quality control issue or some other issue with Kingston. My suggestion is to return it and buy a replacement.

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have bought the A-Data 4GB from newegg; they are the exact same price as the Kingston and work perfectly. The A-data are also claas-6; the Kingston are class-4.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
for somereason

DSTT's menu is really slow if youre memory card is not formatted with 32kb file allocation.. though the loading of games and ingame experience were just normal

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnniwa485 said:
for somereason

DSTT's menu is really slow if youre memory card is not formatted with 32kb file allocation.. though the loading of games and ingame experience were just normal

The Panasonic SD formatter automatically sets the cluster size to 32kb. If formatted through windows, it gets set to 4kb (slooooow).

My point; don't use windows formatter to format your SD card.

Domdel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have kingston 4gb from taiwan working great used on dstt, i copied all data from it to a new kingston 4g, then i put it in my dsst, results = slow

after, i put my working great 4gb in a new dstti clone and it's still working great.

in the new 4gb i put data lib, i format with panasonic and it's still defective.

On my working great 4g, i never format and never use a new data lib.

So i have in my hand 15 x 4g kingston working bad

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Domdel said:
So i have in my hand 15 x 4g kingston working bad

I know the fealing, I have 14.

I found uses for some of them (mp3 players, cell phones) where they work fine, but will probably end up selling the rest at a loss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...