Gaming I Am New to the Sony PSP Hacks

MissingNo._

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to the Sony PSP hacks, but I don't know where to start. I want to know what every PSP hack is, what OFW it will run on, and what it is used for. I have the specs of my PSP below.

I will update this post with whatever I find (most) useful to be.

I had a PSP 1000 with the OFW Version 3.11.
1. I updated to OFW Version 5.03
2. I reformated my card.
3a. I put the PHAT version of ChickHEN R2 in my folder E:/PSP/PHOTO.
3b. I put GEN-D on my card.
3c. I put GEN-D2 on my card.
4. I restored my system settings.
5. I ran ChickHEN R2 (this took me two tries).
6. I ran GEN-D on my card.
7. I ran GEN-D2 on my card.

Homebrew I use:

DaedalusX64 Alpha Revision 430
DGEN 1.70 Lite
Doom PSP 0.05 Plus
MasterBoy 2.02
NesterJ 1.20 Beta 2
PicoDrive PSP 1.51
PSP Quake 1.1
PSPInt 1.1
Snes9X Euphoria R2
UO gpSP kai 3.4 Test 2

And also PSX2PSP.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You mean, how to update?
wtf.gif

Update to 5.03
Run ChickHen R2 for PSP Phat
Run Hellcats Recovery Flasher (5.00 M33, 5.00 OFW (named 500.PBP) must be on the root of the memory stick) or an XGEN Updater (5.50 GEN B2-D-D3, 5.50 (named 550.PBP) must be on the root of the memory stick)
Done.

MissingNo._

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
You mean, how to update?
wtf.gif

Update to 5.03
Run Hellcats Recovery Flasher (5.00 M33, 5.00 OFW (named 500.PBP) must be on the root of the memory stick) or an XGEN Updater (5.50 GEN B2-D-D3, 5.50 (named 550.PBP) must be on the root of the memory stick)
Done.

?
What does this do? What happens when you finish it?

Tikker said:
feel free to use search, rather than just duplication information...

I did, but all of the search results are outdated.

QUOTE(dib @ Dec 30 2009, 12:06 PM)
Well don't try to have sex with it, because one time I

Nevermind.

LOL

MissingNo._

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:

And which one is better to choose?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
deanxxczx said:
You mean, how to update?
wtf.gif

Update to 5.03
Done.

?

You get to illegally download games and play homebrew.

Where are you from? DS section?
Think of it like a flashcard, but no card.

MissingNo._

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deanxxczx said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
deanxxczx said:
You mean, how to update?
wtf.gif

Update to 5.03
Done.

?

You get to illegally download games and play homebrew.

Where are you from? DS section?
Think of it like a flashcard, but no card.

Yeah.
So then the homebrew is actually stored on the PSP?

QUOTE(nitrostemp @ Dec 30 2009, 12:54 PM)
everything you need to know is here
http://www.qj.net/psp.html
http://www.qj.net/psp/hacks-exploits/back-...ficial-fix.html THAT ALLOWS HOMEBREW
http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/custom-firmwar...l-released.html PERMERNET SOLUTION WITH THE PIRACY PART

I don't get what you're talking about.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Listen- everything you need is in my thread at the top- link is in my sig, ignore all other links. Mine are better.

What you need to do is update to the official 5.03 firmware. Then, once that is installed (it can be downloaded from my thread) use the chickHEN R2 thing you've downloaded from another site (so I can't guarantee it's authentic, though it probably will be unless they're asses) is follow the instructions that should have been given with it and when it enables (you'll know when it will), you need to run the 5.50GEN D-3 XGEN installer (with the 550.PBP file on the root of your memory card, both of these are also in my thread) and then you will be done.

All of your games must go into an ISO folder that you create in the root of your memory stick.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Find a tutorial on how to install CFW using ChickHEN - Google is your friend there

Also learn how the PSPs memory stick folder structure works. Place homebrew in game and make sure each has its own folder containing its eboot.pbp the CFW installers go there as well.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
this stuff can be done by a noob. all i did was buy a psp(second hand) update firmware and run one of the installers

MissingNo._

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
Listen- everything you need is in my thread at the top- link is in my sig, ignore all other links. Mine are better.

What you need to do is update to the official 5.03 firmware. Then, once that is installed (it can be downloaded from my thread) use the chickHEN R2 thing you've downloaded from another site (so I can't guarantee it's authentic, though it probably will be unless they're asses) is follow the instructions that should have been given with it and when it enables (you'll know when it will), you need to run the 5.50GEN D-3 XGEN installer (with the 550.PBP file on the root of your memory card, both of these are also in my thread) and then you will be done.

All of your games must go into an ISO folder that you create in the root of your memory stick.

Ok, so I did these:
1. Installed OFW 5.03
2. Ran the ChickHen R2 I got in the link
I'm at ChickHen R2's first screen. What do I do from there?
And pirated games go in the ISO folder while...

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Dec 30 2009, 01:42 PM) Also learn how the PSPs memory stick folder structure works. Place homebrew in game and make sure each has its own folder containing its eboot.pbp the CFW installers go there as well.

...homebrew games go in their own folder in the GAME folder with their EBOOT.PBP in it?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Livin in a box said:

Ok, so I did these:
1. Installed OFW 5.03

You should have the installer in your memory stick. Download the 5.50 GEN-D3 downloader and copy all the files into the root of your memory stick (preferably after backing up and formatting it) then go to Game->Memory Stick->GEN-D3

[BnC said:
Mitchell]
QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Dec 30 2009, 01:42 PM)
Also learn how the PSPs memory stick folder structure works. Place homebrew in game and make sure each has its own folder containing its eboot.pbp the CFW installers go there as well.

...homebrew games go in their own folder in the GAME folder with their EBOOT.PBP in it?

Yes so it would be PSP/GAME/[your homebrew game]/eboot.pbp (and whatever other files)
Most homebrew have a folder ready made for you so you just copy the whole folder into GAME

(Honestly, I wasn't this useless when i first got my DS Flashcart, let alone my PSP-1000 although I did get mine pre-hacked so all I had to do was run the GEN install)

MissingNo._

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
[BnC said:
Mitchell]
Livin in a box said:

Ok, so I did these:
1. Installed OFW 5.03

You should have the installer in your memory stick. Download the 5.50 GEN-D3 downloader and copy all the files into the root of your memory stick (preferably after backing up and formatting it) then go to Game->Memory Stick->GEN-D3

[BnC said:
Mitchell]
QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Dec 30 2009, 01:42 PM)

Yes so it would be PSP/GAME/[your homebrew game]/eboot.pbp (and whatever other files)
Most homebrew have a folder ready made for you so you just copy the whole folder into GAME

(Honestly, I wasn't this useless when i first got my DS Flashcart, let alone my PSP-1000 although I did get mine pre-hacked so all I had to do was run the GEN install)

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1