AznLoooser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

Well, my friend updated his ak2i to version 1.4 on his dsi, and guess what? Now it doesn't work. I know there's a fix, BUT there's more. He thought that if he deleted his ak2 version 1.4 out, and downloaded AKAIO version 1.5 on, the dsi would work. It didn't. I want to fix it for him because it seems easy enough to do. But since he got AKAIO on, I'm a bit lost. Can anyone help me, on what I should do? I've taken out the AKAIO, now should I download version 1.3 and update from there on my dslite or version 1.4? And where is the link to version 1.3? Or is there another easier way? Thanks so muchh.
laugh.gif

AznLoooser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm not. I have a ds lite with an ak2, so he thought I'd knw more about it than he did. and what do you mean run the update again with a different flashcart? What should I download, 1.3 or 1.4? Did you even read my post >_>

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no 1.3 update. Run the 1.4 update on your acekard. Don't flash your acekard. Swap out the carts for the bricked ak2i and reflash it.
Oh and your post doesn't really make sense. Are you talking about the firmware i.e. akaio or the firmware update which would be the 1.4 bypass?

AznLoooser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
There is no 1.3 update. Run the 1.4 update on your acekard. Don't flash your acekard. Swap out the carts for the bricked ak2i and reflash it.
Oh and your post doesn't really make sense. Are you talking about the firmware i.e. akaio or the firmware update which would be the 1.4 bypass?

Well, the effed up 1.4 stuff was deleted out, and was replaced by AKAIO 1.5. We never realized that the DSi was the problem, not the ak2i itself... if it'll help, i'll give a little report on my current situation. I have a DSlite with an AK2. I have my friend's DSi with his AK2i on me right now. the ak2i has version AKAIO 1.5 on it, BUT the DSi is bricked. It seems I need to update the 1.4 fix to unbrick the dsi, but how do I do that with AKAIO 1.5 on the AK2i? The problem here is, the AK2i doesn't have version 1.4 anymore, it has akaio 1.5. The akmenu4 is akaio1.5, not version 1.4. Does anyone have a link where I can download a corrupted unfixed version of 1.4 to fix the problem? Or should I download a fixed version of 1.4 and update that?

I see that I need to use the AK DSi 1.4 Updater on my DS Lite, but what software should I use? unfixed version 1.4, or fixed version 1.4? So confused. But thank you guys for trying to help, It's reassuring me that the dsi isn't a lost cause anymore.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your'e making it too difficult
unsure.gif

Start the ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds on the working Ak2i, and when you've started it swap the working one with the bricked one and reflash it.
Now about the DSi:
Update/reflash your Ak2i with the steps above, and then update your DSi to v1.4 (Note, not AKAIO)

Look at AKAIO as Windows and the 1.4 update as your BIOS. If your firmware/BIOS is bricked you'll have to reflash it. The kernel/Akaio is on your microSD card and holds the OS/Windows
lecture.gif

Hope this helps
wink2.gif

AznLoooser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Wait what? So the dsi is bricked so it doesn't turn on? You still aren't making sense.
It turns on. I just use 'bricked' because the AK2i is useless right now. It just loads up a black screen.

AznLoooser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
put the files into your sd card and run acekard via DS or DSi without 1.4
I don't really understand. What do you mean without 1.4? I should delete version 1.4 out? because i sort of already did. Also, noone's answered what I should do with the AKAIO 1.5 in the sd. do i have to delete it to fix my dsi?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
put the 1.4 update files for Acekard2i in your SD,keep akaio its no harm its good if you don't know.Run Acekard in a DS or a DSi(that does not have a firmware of 1.4,since your Acekard2i would not load in that DSi)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.