GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I found a great little app

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/BootOpera

It is very simple, but kinda cool.

Now, I'm a bit lazy...erm busy so I thought I'd just start the ball rolling on a topic and see what people can come up with.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, what this app does is launch Opera if it is installed on your Wii, the cool thing is that it can launch and go directly to a page you specify in the config file in the apps folder.
My head burst with silly little ideas of what I can do with both this app and the code but I tried a few things out and thought I'd post so others can out-do me and offer even cooler ideas.

So for a start here is a couple that do work.

Flash games....

Say you like flash games, and for example like Defend Your Castle. Find it online somewhere EG:
http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/castle
Now what you want to do is look at the page source, Ctrl+F .swf and you will find the location of the actual game....
for this game it would be ... http://www.xgenstudios.com/castle/castlexgen.swf
Put that in your config for this app, and there you go a free full screen game. Saving works, but note that it will save to the Wii's temp internet files. Obviously you can do this with almost any flash game, but some won't work with the Wiis controls.

Saving time....
Go get yourself a free web hosting account somewhere EG: www.110mb.com
Make yourself 1 page that hold ALL your favourites, make this a channel. You can add things like search boxes etc, I have a few torrent searches, google, youtube etc so I just tick a box, type in my search and hit go.

Do more at once....
This is only for those that know html/php and JS. Either use an online freeby host like 110mb, or install apache etc. Make a page that has frames (trust me I know they are outdated). Now if you want to listen to music while you browse on the Wii you can. (not gonna write a massive guide for this, you either know or you don't.) My current frames page allows me to switch between iplayer, radio and browsing, and each page can continue while I use the others. Tabs are easily added with JS.

Yeah I know this is very basic to some, but still a few ideas that are tested and working and none take more than a few minutes to setup.

Now for coders that have apps, here is an idea......
You can launch interactive online readme pages, that have searches etc, if you or your team have its own site you can even make accounts and save a lot of things so it can be customised to some degree for each user. The downside is that you would then leave your app and launch Opera
frown.gif
BUT can custom emanuals be made and a VC be injected with the apps .dol ? that way you could read the full colour, pro looking document from the HOME menu ?
emanual idea here : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=189809

Anyway that's enough from me. Ganon I'm smiling
biggrin.gif
Simple and cool.

For those reading this, let us hear your ideas, mine are all tested and work, but even if you just think "what about this idea", let us know.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think it'd be cool if people started uploading premade flash game packages (i.e. boot.dol, edited meta.xml and icon.png to suit game, and an url.cfg), so we could download them and play without bothering to find icons and stuff. I may try this soon, and if I do, I'll upload some premade packages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    oh btw, did you know that the teenage mutant ninja turtles is having an r rated live action movie?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I did not know that
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but it would make sense
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    just look it up
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    from the perspective that the original audience that saw it as kids are now grown adults
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I heard the original comic books were as dark as that
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's called the last ronin
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin. The outlet notes that this new iteration is being written by “Tyler Burton Smith, who co-wrote the upcoming R-rated action movie Boy Kills World and who wrote the 2019 iteration of Chucky horror franchise Child’s Play.”
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    The film, titled ‘The Last Ronin,’ will be targeted at adults and promises a high-body count tale
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I grew up with the 2012 show
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    so yeah, they're will be lots of kills
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    so kinda like how they went r rated in the Loan movie for wolverine
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    and remember that time when someone had the idea to make scooby doo r rated?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    where shaggy is a stoner and a pothead?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    that's a true story
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Mondooooo, the first scooby doo live action film?
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it's cancelled and not in the works anymore
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they kinda implied it, and joked about it in the cartoon attorney harvey birdman
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    im gonna binge watch metalocalypse, any tips?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty yeah in th elive action Shaggy meets a girl that introduces herself as "Mary jane" shaggy responds "thats my favorite name"
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    damn
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    the james gunn scooby doo is wild
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, it also had several deleted scenes
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    i wish someone could remake it or leak the footage
  • Mondooooo @ Mondooooo:
    it would be the best discovery known to mankind
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it would be the best discovery known to mankind