ROM Hack Animal Map Help Please.

nadoon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to use Animal Map on a real Animal Crossing game because I want to make use of the cartridge I bought. I have an r4 but is animal map ONLY for flashcards?

ca_michelbach

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no since it edits the .sav file you get from playing a rom... if you want to edit the actually game the only thing i can recomend is a cheat cartrige like action replay.

It will only work for flashcart saves or possibly converted emulator saves (but i wouldn't use the later)

nadoon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an action replay but I want to completely destroy my town and have it just the way I like it! So is it possible to convert Save files to action replay codes?

nadoon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope I can find a way to either make action replay codes with animal map. Or to convert Save files to Action Replay codes. If anyone knows about this stuff, please help!

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is an option on animal map. just go to advanced and then on the top, there will be a drop down thing called AR-DS. i never used it but you can try.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need an AR Duo but it's harder to find nowadays
I'm not sure about extracting and putting saves back but I think it was done before

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
once i had the same problem so i used a program, i forgot what its called (just google ds save extractor but it only works on slot 2 devices) to get my save file from the game card. So i used my loaded my save in animal map and used the action replay code creator after changing the map to add what i wanted. Then i used the code with my action replay and game card.

nadoon

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
59672 said:
once i had the same problem so i used a program, i forgot what its called (just google ds save extractor but it only works on slot 2 devices) to get my save file from the game card. So i used my loaded my save in animal map and used the action replay code creator after changing the map to add what i wanted. Then i used the code with my action replay and game card.

What do you mean by "Only Slot-2 devices"? Animal crossing has nothing to do with slot-2 so I don't really get it....
unsure.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know animal map, but if it's a .sav editor, you can extract and reinject eeprom saves from/into original game cartridge.
no need to have an action replay.

You can try looking for homebrew to do that :
Etool3 (from Cory1492) http://nds.cmamod.com/download.html
Rain (or Rein) http://www.pat.hi-ho.ne.jp/sata68/nds.shtml#rain

it's been a long time I didn't use any of them, sorry I can't help anymore. Try looking for tutorials on the web there might be a lot for rein r15. (last version, r17, will work the same way I suppose)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q