OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So I installed the GH5 system update and my Wii is bricked.
I have Wiikey 1.9g, 3.2U downgraded from Wanikonko's 4.0 and I have a cIOS but I don't remenber which one it is.
What are my options?

lyoozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Covarr said:
Fully bricked, or does it crash at the system menu, or what?

Do you have bootmii or preloader installed?
Black screen at startup. Sorry for not being specific, I'm really nervous right now.
wacko.gif

I don't have bootmii or preeloader. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot.

sangaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Except that my Wii is PAL(wiikey), I have the same problem, my Wii won't boot, I don't have preloader, bootmii or starfall, I put the GH5 disc in, the update took 10 seconds, and now even the GC controller method won't work with any autoboot disc, so I have no way of knowing what fw I'm on (I was on 3.2E downgraded before)and nothing boots, the tv says "no signal". My brickblocker couldn't identify what update was on the disc.
I don't know if I should send it for repair, or if I can fix it myself. any idea?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
GH5 has only been released it the US there isnt a europian version out yet so updating is a user error and a noob mistake especially updating your PAL wii with a US game, read the warnings or face a brick thats all i say

lyoozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
sangaga said:
Except that my Wii is PAL(wiikey), I have the same problem, my Wii won't boot, I don't have preloader, bootmii or starfall, I put the GH5 disc in, the update took 10 seconds, and now even the GC controller method won't work with any autoboot disc, so I have no way of knowing what fw I'm on (I was on 3.2E downgraded before)and nothing boots, the tv says "no signal". My brickblocker couldn't identify what update was on the disc.
I don't know if I should send it for repair, or if I can fix it myself. any idea?
At least now I know I'm not the only one with this problem. If someone doesn't come up with a way to fix this, I think we're screwed.
QUOTE(pepxl @ Aug 29 2009, 04:53 AM) GH5 has only been released it the US there isnt a europian version out yet so updating is a user error and a noob mistake especially updating your PAL wii with a US game, read the warnings or face a brick thats all i say
The problem is that I have a NTSC Wii and also got a brick.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
lyoozero said:
sangaga said:
At least now I know I'm not the only one with this problem. If someone doesn't come up with a way to fix this, I think we're screwed.

is yours also a pal wii?

lyoozero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
pepxl said:
lyoozero said:
sangaga said:

is yours also a pal wii?
I was on 3.2U when I did it, so US Wii.

sangaga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pepxl said:
GH5 has only been released it the us there isnt a europian version out yet so updating, is a user error and a noob mistake especially updating your pal wii with a us game
I am deeply and self-loathingly aware of that, but i came here hoping to get some advice, since it's the first time in 3 years i've made this mistake, I have no idea what to do.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i think the only solution for a full brick is to either send it to ninty, or using a modchip and an autoboot game using the recovery mode to install a higher sysmenu

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow... if you used a pal wii to play an nstc game... then you are so going get a brick that's why i just never update unless i have to... hate to say it you may be screwed... that's why boys and girls always have preloader handy... (i sure do...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse