Gaming current OFW 5.03, now CFW 3.71. want latest CFW

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Ok. So I was using the chickhen method to make my psp 2001 CFW. It has 5.03. WHen I used some easy non-pandora method, i received an error that the 371pbp is missing. so i searched and found an EBOOT.PBP that's from an official firmware. I loaded it up and proceed with the CFW. It was successful and look at my surprise: IT'S A FUCKING 3.71 M33-4!! I want 5.00 M33-6 on my PSP. Is there anyway I can upgrade safely?

I'll look at psp hack, whatever the website if i can dig some answer while im waiting here for some replies.

TA-086 or 85 is my motherboard so hackable. dunno if version 1 but i cant create pandora right now

How do I use this?

http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-500-m33-6-released/

Im watching this instruction but im not sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH14Pc8DKW8

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Just get the 5.00 M33-6 update eboot and the 5.00 OFW pbp file. You're the one who must have chosen to install 3.71, so don't act surprised.

eboot goes in games folder in a folder called UPDATE, I think. 500.pbp should go on the root of the memory stick.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
im reading this and what you said is in that file.

http://ezinearticles.com/?5.00-M33-6---Upg...&id=1907845

so i need to re-download the 5.00 OFW?

I'll download this file then

http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-500-m33-6-released/

wish for no more bricking.
http://twitter.com/CHRIS_SKYLOCK

Thanks. I keep on searching before, current and after posting topics so I keep updating it if needed.

--

so I should have re-named the 500.pbp into 371.pbp? it's my first time to hold a psp and my second attempt to make a CFW. dont blame me. i was lucky it wasnt bricked

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
when I first attempt to make CFW on this PSP 2001 TA-85, it asked me for a file called 371.pbp. All I did was get that file from a source with a link and it turned my 5.03 into 3.71 m33-4. It's not my fault but I wish I could have just looked for an updated file with the same name.

just finnished downloading te 5.00 files. Here goes nothing

WORST CASE SCENARIO: This PSP 2001 has sensitive LCD. when I touch it, the LCD lights goe off and I can only hear sounds.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
when I first attempt to make CFW on this PSP 2001 TA-85, it asked me for a file called 371.pbp. All I did was get that file from a source with a link and it turned my 5.03 into 3.71 m33-4. It's not my fault but I wish I could have just looked for an updated file with the same name.

just finnished downloading te 5.00 files. Here goes nothing

WORST CASE SCENARIO: This PSP 2001 has sensitive LCD. when I touch it, the LCD lights goe off and I can only hear sounds.

What program were you using to install CFW? AFAIK, Hellcat's Recovery Flasher installs 5.00 M33. Also 371.pbp = 3.71 official firmware eboot, which is why 3.71 M33 was installed.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
/facepalm

Here. I made an installer before for people like you who want to flash their PSPs without a Pandora battery. Included is everything you need to flash to 5.00 M33-6. Next time, do your homework.
wink.gif

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Skyline969, I was using your method when that thing asked for a 371.pbp for a TA-85 PSP2001. im not a noob as you were thinking. you are the one im refering to.

QUOTE said:
if you're also installing from a firmware version below 5.00 M33 you will now after pressing X have to select your timezone and similar options. In the end you need to press X to finish the installation. Now you will get a blue screen and you need to press O, do this or your PSP gets bricked. Now your PSP will reboot and your PSP will be running 5.00 m33-6!

WTF is this? it scared me to death. it didnt happened in my side. The quote is not from Skyline969, it was from the website I posted above

I got the CFW successful and No more flaming (if there are any)

dont facepalm me, too.

Skyline696, your guide is a successful one on my side, but i got the wrong update because it asked me for 371.pbp.

report this to a mod and close it if you like.

Did I mentioned, I didnt reformated the flash0 of the PSP? I wonder if I should followed Skyline696's RESET guide of the flash? oh well, it's now 5.00 M33-6 so I dont need to reply to this thread unless I was being attacked.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's odd that it would ask for a different firmware version, just make sure the target firmware says 5.00 at the top, and it should be fine when you choose to install m33 custom firmware.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
perhaps it's a TA-085 that's being picky. Not sure.

Im happy for this CFW (5.00 m33-6). All I need now is buy my own Memory stick Pro as I only borrowed my bro's. I need to look for some games online. Im not a PSP fan and I only play pokemon on the nintendo handhelds

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
perhaps it's a TA-085 that's being picky. Not sure.

Im happy for this CFW (5.00 m33-6). All I need now is buy my own Memory stick Pro as I only borrowed my bro's. I need to look for some games online. Im not a PSP fan and I only play pokemon on the nintendo handhelds
Give Monster Hunter Freedom Unite a try. It's a great game that'll keep you occupied for a long time once you learn the basics.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Forgot to mention that when I downloaded Skyliner's programs, I didnt have any update. Perhaps, I download the LITE version of the file. I didnt bothered with the FULL package as I was thinking my PSP is already 5.03.

I'll re-read the whole instructions again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3