current OFW 5.03, now CFW 3.71. want latest CFW

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Chris_Skylock, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Ok. So I was using the chickhen method to make my psp 2001 CFW. It has 5.03. WHen I used some easy non-pandora method, i received an error that the 371pbp is missing. so i searched and found an EBOOT.PBP that's from an official firmware. I loaded it up and proceed with the CFW. It was successful and look at my surprise: IT'S A FUCKING 3.71 M33-4!! I want 5.00 M33-6 on my PSP. Is there anyway I can upgrade safely?

I'll look at psp hack, whatever the website if i can dig some answer while im waiting here for some replies.

TA-086 or 85 is my motherboard so hackable. dunno if version 1 but i cant create pandora right now

How do I use this?

http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-500-m33-6-released/

Im watching this instruction but im not sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH14Pc8DKW8

2. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Just get the 5.00 M33-6 update eboot and the 5.00 OFW pbp file. You're the one who must have chosen to install 3.71, so don't act surprised.

eboot goes in games folder in a folder called UPDATE, I think. 500.pbp should go on the root of the memory stick.

3. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    im reading this and what you said is in that file.

http://ezinearticles.com/?5.00-M33-6---Upg...&id=1907845

so i need to re-download the 5.00 OFW?

I'll download this file then

http://pspslimhacks.com/custom-firmware-500-m33-6-released/

wish for no more bricking.
    http://twitter.com/CHRIS_SKYLOCK

Thanks. I keep on searching before, current and after posting topics so I keep updating it if needed.

--

so I should have re-named the 500.pbp into 371.pbp? it's my first time to hold a psp and my second attempt to make a CFW. dont blame me. i was lucky it wasnt bricked

4. Law

United Kingdom
    It won't brick unless you decide to turn the PSP off during the update.

5. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    when I first attempt to make CFW on this PSP 2001 TA-85, it asked me for a file called 371.pbp. All I did was get that file from a source with a link and it turned my 5.03 into 3.71 m33-4. It's not my fault but I wish I could have just looked for an updated file with the same name.

just finnished downloading te 5.00 files. Here goes nothing

WORST CASE SCENARIO: This PSP 2001 has sensitive LCD. when I touch it, the LCD lights goe off and I can only hear sounds.

6. Law

United Kingdom
    What program were you using to install CFW? AFAIK, Hellcat's Recovery Flasher installs 5.00 M33. Also 371.pbp = 3.71 official firmware eboot, which is why 3.71 M33 was installed.

7. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    /facepalm

Here. I made an installer before for people like you who want to flash their PSPs without a Pandora battery. Included is everything you need to flash to 5.00 M33-6. Next time, do your homework. [​IMG]

8. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    Skyline969, I was using your method when that thing asked for a 371.pbp for a TA-85 PSP2001. im not a noob as you were thinking. you are the one im refering to.

WTF is this? it scared me to death. it didnt happened in my side. The quote is not from Skyline969, it was from the website I posted above

I got the CFW successful and No more flaming (if there are any)

dont facepalm me, too.

Skyline696, your guide is a successful one on my side, but i got the wrong update because it asked me for 371.pbp.

report this to a mod and close it if you like.

Did I mentioned, I didnt reformated the flash0 of the PSP? I wonder if I should followed Skyline696's RESET guide of the flash? oh well, it's now 5.00 M33-6 so I dont need to reply to this thread unless I was being attacked.

9. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    That's odd that it would ask for a different firmware version, just make sure the target firmware says 5.00 at the top, and it should be fine when you choose to install m33 custom firmware.

10. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    perhaps it's a TA-085 that's being picky. Not sure.

Im happy for this CFW (5.00 m33-6). All I need now is buy my own Memory stick Pro as I only borrowed my bro's. I need to look for some games online. Im not a PSP fan and I only play pokemon on the nintendo handhelds

11. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Give Monster Hunter Freedom Unite a try. It's a great game that'll keep you occupied for a long time once you learn the basics.

12. Chris_Skylock
    OP

Philippines
    Forgot to mention that when I downloaded Skyliner's programs, I didnt have any update. Perhaps, I download the LITE version of the file. I didnt bothered with the FULL package as I was thinking my PSP is already 5.03.

I'll re-read the whole instructions again.