Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And I can't see where the hate is coming from. Sure, the game's got its flaws, but every game has.

To me, it controls real nice, the graphics are very good (I have SMG, so I know what I'm talking about). The Story Mode is a bit too easy IMO, and playing through the same thing again in True Story Mode is quite dull, but the small stories behind each character really make up for this. (To be honest, I bought the game cause it was Castlevania and because of Maria's story, that should be on YouTube somewhere)
The art style is also very nice, but that might be because I'm a fan of Death Note's art style (same artist). There is, however, a bad side to this: you don't really recognize some castlevania characters and instead you recognize characters from Death Note. A shame, but well...
There's also lots of different modes, for example Castle Mode. You fight different enemies, with or without handicaps, and by doing that you unlock doors for a new battle, until you reach the final door, behind which hides Dracula.
By achieving certain goals you unlock new accessories to dress your characters up. It's lulz to see Simon with wings, or a funny hat or something.
Also, there's not 13 characters for you to play with like stated in the manual, but there's 14, the fourteenth one is this game's 'bad guy'.
Like in any good fighting game, there's also an arcade mode, a survival mode, a training mode and so on.

Overall, I'd give the game an 8.2/10. It's good.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I usually like Castlevania games, this one just didn't cut it for me. It just felt like a mediocre fighting game with the Castlevania name tagged on in the hope of selling more copies.

I don't mind companies experimenting with new concepts and ideas. I just wish this had something more to make it that bit more enjoyable.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like this game, its very clear you do not own a real gaming system capable of playing real games to know why this game is so incredibly awful. So, i feel sorry for you and your family. Also, if you think trash like this is good, go try The conduit, its so garbage that it might be right up your alley!

RolfThiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whooo ... so much complaining!
My nephew likes this game also! He plays it with the GC Controller and that's much better. I join him sometimes because I can't let him play Mortal Kombat ...
It's true ... a shame for the Castlevania Title, but the look is great and there are really much worse games out!

... calm down!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
If you like this game, its very clear you do not own a real gaming system capable of playing real games to know why this game is so incredibly awful. So, i feel sorry for you and your family. Also, if you think trash like this is good, go try The conduit, its so garbage that it might be right up your alley!

Stop being a trolling douchebag. I've seen you do this multiple times in Wii threads tearing on people needing to 'get a real system' so they know what real games are about. Yes this game sucks as does Konami for not giving a real Castlevania game, but you're so transparent it's annoying. I hope some mod deals with your shit eventually.

chrPL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playfire.com
XP
Country
Poland
PettingZoo said:
If someone likes the game, then that is good for them.

It's just as PettingZoo says. Returning to the topic, I also like Castlevania Judgement and for me it's very good game. I also would give it something about 8/10. I like the avaible character list, music and nice arenas plus Wi-Fi enable. And graphics IMO are pretty nice. Sure, it's not SMG or Okami style but still good. For me, the only disappointment are clumsy controls with Nunchuck+WiiRemote combo. That's all from me
smile.gif
. And btw, Overlord Natie, I also like Death Note
wink.gif
. Awesome anime/manga, too bad that there aren't gonna be game with Light and L on Wii, not to mention Ryuk :/. It could be awesome, especially if it would be something in Phoenix Wright series style
yay.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't think the game is bad.. I just don't think it's nothing special, it's a pretty generic 3d fighting game.

The controls are fine and the music is an amazing collection of the best songs in the Castlevania series. I would buy the OST if a CD was available.

I don't like the art style, but I recon that people that like Obata's works enjoy it.

I think the hate here doesn't come from the game being bad.. but more from people wanting a new traditional Castlevania game and getting a fighting game instead
tongue.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my younger bro loves this game, possibly because he is better than me at it lol.

I like the art style, the video scenes and the story (what the characters say is pretty funny).

However, this type of fighter doesn't suit me very well. There is not enough variety in moves and events to be a decent fighter, and the control scheme is too difficult.

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:

Wow what a ps3/xbox360 fanboy...*tsk tsk

Anyway on topic I think the game is nice but honestly.....Aeon is way to overpowered. HE CAN SHOOP DA WHOOP. lol

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
worlok375 said:
quepaso said:

Anyway on topic I think the game is nice but honestly.....Aeon is way to overpowered. HE CAN SHOOP DA WHOOP. lol

ROFL. I know what you mean! He's a crazy !@#!2

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OSW said:
worlok375 said:
quepaso said:

ROFL. I know what you mean! He's a crazy !@#!2

laugh.gif
I LOL to you!

(Sorry for my off-topic post)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
I don't think the game is bad.. I just don't think it's nothing special, it's a pretty generic 3d fighting game.

The controls are fine and the music is an amazing collection of the best songs in the Castlevania series. I would buy the OST if a CD was available.

I don't like the art style, but I recon that people that like Obata's works enjoy it.

I think the hate here doesn't come from the game being bad.. but more from people wanting a new traditional Castlevania game and getting a fighting game instead
tongue.gif
QFT.

It seems like a quick cash in, it clearly could be a lot better if more time and effort was spent on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: