Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
promo1n.jpg
nskelogo.png

Sort of an offshoot of the Ninja Destiny 3 translation. I was stuck in Kagebunshin Emaki for the longest time, until I realized the mission details were right in front of my face ingame. Literally. I'm such an idiot.
To ensure no one else makes these kinds of mistakes, I've decided to start working on a menu patch for this game!

I'm really excited to work on this because I'm working in collaboration with another poster here on GBAtemp - our very own Noitora!
It's really a great game - and I've got the privilege of working with a great hacker here.
Believe me when I say Noitora's work is going to make this translation 80 times better.

I'm not gonna do ingame image-editing like I did with Ninja Destiny 3. Quite honestly: I haven't figured it out yet. Leave me alone. Read the game menus' descriptions.

nskeprogress.png
nske1.png

Way too little is done to warrant a patch release. That, and everything is abbreviated ("Chakra Stone" was shortened to "ChkRok" in this patch) because some work needs to be on the font display (as can be seen in the preview images)
That and the names are all off right now - their only purpose ATM is for functionality.

Patch said:
NONE YET LOL

What's left to do

EVERYTHING

also that English logo isn't gonna stick, don't worry, I couldn't think of anything nicer of a name

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice to see you're trying with a GOOD Naruto game.
Shinobi Retsuden 3 was decent at best, don't deny it.
If you want to incorperate an english name, use of the original title wouldn't be smart, it's hard to incorperate Kage-bushin/Shadow Clone into a title in english. Just try somehting original, or... just don't change it at all

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ Just tried the patcher.

It's probably the coolest patcher ever.

Also I have to say; with Noitora making a text editor, that'll make translation of this game even easier. I was just going to do a menu translation, but I might be motivated to do the story as well. ;D
However I've got a lot of translation to do in this game besides the dialogue, so don't hold me to that. I really wanna translate the multiplayer, because, well
the multiplayer in this game is actually pretty fun.

@ Rosales: The original title translates out to "Naruto Shippuden: Great Battle! Shadow Clone Jutsu Scroll"

If I wanted it to sound cool, I'd name it something more Zelda-like than TOMY's naruto trend of "Ninja _____" but I can't think of anything. @_@
Chances are I'll keep it as-is ingame since I can't figure out what to call it.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Good luck for both of you, I believe this will be a good translation
smile.gif

Noitora, are you sure this game won't have official translation? Usually Naruto games will have official translation, though it takes a long time.
kosheh said:
The original title translates out to "Naruto Shippuden: Great Battle! Shadow Clone Jutsu Scroll"
The title looks great, I suggest to stick with it.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
We can always hear your suggestions about the translation of the game's name.

ShinRyouma said:
Good luck for both of you, I believe this will be a good translation
smile.gif

Noitora, are you sure this game won't have official translation? Usually Naruto games will have official translation, though it takes a long time.
Ughh...Dunno, I just wanted to work on something
tongue.gif

blarutoballz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game probably wont come out for at least 1.5 or two years or so.*Maybe* besides they just started dubbing shippuden.which i dont like.

iban88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking forward to this translation. this has been the best naruto ds game so far. cant wait for this! thank you!

Rosales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosheh, don't be all too shocked if this appear in america sometime soon. This covers just as much as Naruto Shippuuden Ninja Destiny 2 does. So there's a decent/good chance it could be announced.

Still, it'd be nice to have a menu translation until then.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I realized I jumped a little late onto this project. x3
But things are rolling along so nicely that I figure I'll just continue.
tongue.gif

Speaking of which; I've been altering the graphics [contrary to an earlier statement]. It makes a whole lot of difference; you guys would be surprised. :0

I'll post pix after I get the damned pausemenu message to display correctly.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kosheh said:
I'll post pix after I get the damned pausemenu message to display correctly.
keeping to my word. I can't believe I just spent 3 hours trying to fix what isn't broken.
I was editing the wrong file. Augh.

nske1.png

Anyway, menu images are coming along nicely.
I've still got a few to do in the techniques section and the top screen still needs to be done.

Once Noitora's text and font editing are done, we'll have the most playable Naruto game ever.

EDIT: I updated the picture 3 times. And no replies.

damn lol

gettogaara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like its gona be another awesome patch. Good luck to u guys.
BTW is this part of the path of the ninja series if so which one is it? I've heard people call it path of the nina 4 or 5 but it looks nothing like them.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
gettogaara said:
BTW is this part of the path of the ninja series if so which one is it? I've heard people call it path of the nina 4 or 5 but it looks nothing like them.
It isn't RPG, it's action game. As gokujr1000 said, it isn't part of Path of the Ninja.

X D D X

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
gokujr1000 said:
No this isn't in the Path of The Ninja Series it's a completely different game (possibly series in the future) this is more DBZ Legacy of Goku style than RPG.
LEGACY OF GOKU STYLE? Gimme!
I never knew there was Naruto game like that. I really want this now.
Keep up the good work guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1