Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
QUOTE said:
Updates
April 16th, 2009 by bushing · No Comments

Just a brief note, since I haven’t written in a while –

Yes, Marcan has shifted his attention to things non-Wii related. I can hardly blame him; the only reason any of us do what we do is because we find it fun, so when it stops being fun — what’s the point? He’s still around, if you know where to look, and I hope that once we release BootMii, we’ll see some neat projects emerge from it.

Yes, BootMii is still alive; I still can’t promise a release date, but most of the code has been written and we’re now to the point of testing it out and adding some polish. It’s been installed on about 12 Wiis so far and nobody’s been bricked; I hope that we can release a “public beta” within the next couple of weeks. (In this case, “public beta” will mean “we’ve tested this out quite a bit and are fairly confident that you won’t regret trying it, but not everything is finished and we can’t make too many promises). I would expect those of you who have older Wiis (i.e. those who have a vulnerable boot1) to have an easier time installing it, but we intend to eventually add support for as many of your Wiis as possible.

Anyway, here’s a sneak peek at what it will look like:
bootmii_screenshot.png
Source: HackMii
Hope nobody has already posted this...
unsure.gif

My Opinion: Woot, never thought that BootMii will look such nice, never expected a GUI...always thought it would be something in DOS-Style...well, looks realy like the major breakthrough that's coming...looking forward to it
smile.gif
. Also awesome that they're making a public beta...still sad that marcan realy left...hope he's happy in the things he's doing now
frown.gif

D

Deleted-171178

I just pants my creamed.

That sexy is hella interface.

Seriously though.

1239830874423.jpg

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if you will have to have that menu come up every time, or you will be able to have it load directly to the menu if you want, and load that by holding something. I just figure I would like to have the Wii functioning as normal as possible, but have those features if I want, much like preloader, although I'll say that BootMii looks a lot slicker than preloader.

I certainly agree that I didn't expect it to look like that.

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
funnystory said:
will we have to uninstall preloader to use this?
No. As preloader replaces the system menu when you choose to boot the system menu from bootmii it will boot preloader instead.

That seems logical anyway, I don't have any actual proof of this.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Awesome, I'm glad it's still alive.

Hopefully I'll feel safer updating to 4.0 with it.. that would be cool. Also I hope my internet works with the USB loaders in 4.0 some how..

superbob

Trophies
XP
Country
France
drmarvin said:
I wonder if you will have to have that menu come up every time, or you will be able to have it load directly to the menu if you want, and load that by holding something. I just figure I would like to have the Wii functioning as normal as possible, but have those features if I want, much like preloader, although I'll say that BootMii looks a lot slicker than preloader.

I certainly agree that I didn't expect it to look like that.
+1
The first presentation of BootMii, said you just have to insert or get off the sd card to use or bypass bootmii ...
Nevertheless, a 'load-on-push-button' thing could be very good !

QUOTE(david432111 @ Apr 16 2009, 05:43 PM) This looks really nice! I just can't wait until the beta is released!
+1
Really nice.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I wonder if he'll give it a funky audio track like he did with homebrew channel.

I'd be lying if I said I never drum to it from time to time
wink.gif

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like every time I decided that the wait is long enough, some news like this comes along. Guess I'll wait a little longer.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It really is very sad to have marcan out the project, cause he sure knows a lot about the Wii's performance
sad.gif

still really nice GUI for bootMii.........love it..!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.