gitkua

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I started modding the USBloader to make it more graphical... I ditched the console and want to work with only boxart. I came a long way, started out with one of the cover mod's I found here... this is where I'm at right now:

But, this is where my skills end
smile.gif
(not many skills to begin with). I need a programmer to help me out to find a right way to select a previous and next image... So... attached to this post are the dol folder for the homebrew channel (bg.png in /images folder in the app folder along with the game covers) and the source... I need a way to select next and previous images in menu.c, ( line 122 and 125 in menu.c, I currently reset them to load currently selected game ) everything I tried code-dumped on me...

Anyone willing to help out? I tested the DOL completely, nothing will harm your wii.

DOL (for homebrew channel, make sure you put cover images along with my bg.png in the images folder):
http://www.mediafire.com/?cz0dzxyjnzm

Source:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yl2mm5znmvj

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
lol, everybody is "coding" his own USB Loader GUI now... never thought GBATemp would become an homebrew developper haven
tongue.gif

Darkji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice idea ! But i'm not a developper, i don't know anything about developpement, i can't help you.

I hope you'll release it !
wink.gif

marice

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
lol, everybody is "coding" his own USB Loader GUI now... never thought GBATemp would become an homebrew developper haven
tongue.gif
sure.. everybody helps... (when it comes to piracy
wink.gif
)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Screemer said:
join this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145610&st=90

they are working on a gui for about a week now. maybe you are interested in merging your project with the one by mousexs' and the others.

I'm thinking that maybe some of these peeps should get together too.

Quality is better than quantity when it comes to apps imho.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
atupac pmd me accidently, did he get ahold of yuo gitkua? he was talkin about givin it an itunes type look, with possible scroll feature? talk with him if yuo havent

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I look over the code change it and here is the result. Every thing is working Just needs a good background.
Source included.For it to work you must press right twice when loading.
http://sharebee.com/7ac85570

I'm changing the code because theres a bug where if you press left first then the covers get mix up.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how big do the images need to be on this screen? im really likin this one so far, havent had a chance to try it out yet, but will report back. 56killer, will this possibly solve my image load issue?

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really, really, really like the GUI from this one. Thanks 56killer for adding some modifications, I'm going to go look at the source now.

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i asked jussipik to make a background for this loader. this ones my favorite, id rather just see the cover art than dealin with all the text, and this still has that wii feel. it would be great if you could get the scroll feature goin there, itunes like, which atupac was interested in working with. anyway this is what jussipik did for wiishizzas mod, my favorite one so far, i think he could make a great one for this. ill try this out in a bit, but definitely the fav of mine mate.

ppK.png

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks really great, I don't have a background, but this is on the way to being a nice "cover flow" type GUI. Do you have any ideas how to implement an effect when you scroll over or highlight a particular game? Great work so far!

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hye instead os adding 3 images for page why not a code that fades the boxart moving for left to right and back.

maybe something like this could be off but start:

void fadetoblack()
{
int i;
for (i = 0; i >= -31; i--)
{
PA_SetBrightness(0, i);
PA_SetBrightness(1, i);
PA_WaitForVBL(); // To slow down the fades, we wait a frame...
PA_WaitForVBL();
}
}

void fadefromblack()
{
int i;
for (i = -31; i

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets aim to do this mates! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjXx1A6EO4c

i kinda like the 6 covers on a page, like this here

what made you decide to just do 3 per page?

i dont really like this as much on maddocs, making the images even bigger when you go over them, not really necessary,

but i like the 6 per page instead of 3, is that too much though, what is your take on it?

adam_the_1st

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiimano said:
lets aim to do this mates! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjXx1A6EO4c

i kinda like the 6 covers on a page, like this here

what made you decide to just do 3 per page?

i dont really like this as much on maddocs, making the images even bigger when you go over them, not really necessary,

but i like the 6 per page instead of 3, is that too much though, what is your take on it?

What if you used the same kind of zoom in and out technique they used in the photo channel? Then you could choose...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head